The South Carolina Gamecocks (5-9) will look to stop a three-game losing streak when they visit the No. 19 Tennessee Volunteers (14-5) on Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at Thompson-Boling Arena as heavy, 11.5-point underdogs. The game airs at 9:00 PM ET on SECN. The matchup has an over/under of 143.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 17, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Both DraftKings and the model expect the Volunteers to walk away with the win, but the model spread (12.2) is 0.7 points further in their direction.
The model’s predicted total (142.5 points) and the DraftKings set total (143 points) are virtually the same for this contest.
Prediction: Tennessee 77, South Carolina 65
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Volunteers this season is 73.7 points, 3.3 fewer points than their implied total of 77 points in Wednesday’s game.
- Tennessee has scored more than its implied point total in this matchup (77) nine times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Gamecocks (75.7) is 9.7 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (66).
- This season, South Carolina has scored more than this game’s implied total of 66 points 12 times.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Tennessee and South Carolina Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 11.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Volunteers have a 44.7% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.2% higher than the 44.5% of shots the Gamecocks’ opponents have knocked down.
- In games when Tennessee shoots better than 44.5% from the field, it is 11-0 overall and 8-3 against the spread.
- South Carolina is 4-2 overall and 5-1 against the spread when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 44.7% from the field.
- The Gamecocks’ 42.6% shooting percentage from the field this season is 2.3 percentage points higher than the Volunteers have allowed to their opponents (40.3%).
- South Carolina is 5-6 overall and 6-5 against the spread when it shoots better than 40.3% from the field.
- When Tennessee’s opponents hit better than 42.6% from the field, it is 10-3 against the spread and 11-2 overall.
- The Volunteers are making 34.2% of their three-point shots this season, 0.2% higher than the 34% the Gamecocks allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Tennessee has a 6-3 record against the spread and a 7-2 record overall when the team hits more than 34% of its attempts from three-point range.
- South Carolina is 4-2 against the spread while putting together a 4-2 straight-up record when its opponents make more than 34.2% of their shots from three-point range.
- The Gamecocks are knocking down 31.3% of their shots from three-point range, which is -1.4 percentage points fewer than the 29.9% the Volunteers’ are averaging on the season.
- South Carolina has a 3-4 ATS record and is 3-4 straight-up in games when the team makes more than 29.9% of its three-point attempts.
- Tennessee has a 9-3 ATS record and an 11-1 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 31.3% from three-point range.
- The Gamecocks are 4-4 against the spread and 4-4 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Volunteers are 1-4 ATS and 3-2 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from