The Saint John’s (NY) Red Storm (13-8) are at home in Big East play against the Xavier Musketeers (11-3) on Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 8:30 PM ET. The Red Storm are 1.5-point favorites in the game, the second matchup between the teams this season. The over/under in the matchup is set at 154.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 16, 2021, 2:18 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The spread for this game suggested by the model (0.4 points) is slightly less than the 1.5-point edge DraftKings gives to the Red Storm, though the data still has them as the favorite.
In this game, the model projects a total (151.3 points) slightly lower than the DraftKings over/under (154.5 points).
Prediction: Saint John’s (NY) 76, Xavier 75
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Red Storm’s average implied point total this season is 0.2 fewer points than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (77.8 implied points on average compared to 78 implied points in this game).
- Saint John’s (NY) will look to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (78) for the 10th time this season.
- The Musketeers’ average implied point total on the season (75.3 points) is 1.7 points lower than their implied total in this matchup (77 points).
- Xavier has scored more than this game’s implied total of 77 points six times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Saint John’s (NY) and Xavier Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 1.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Red Storm are shooting 45.7% from the field this season, 5.7 percentage points higher than the 40% the Musketeers allow to opponents.
- In games Saint John’s (NY) shoots higher than 40% from the field, it is 11-4 against the spread and 13-6 overall.
- Xavier’s record is 6-4 against the spread and 8-2 overall when it allows its opponents to make more than 45.7% of their shots from the field.
- The Musketeers’ 47.3% shooting percentage from the field this season is 0.9 percentage points higher than the Red Storm have allowed to their opponents (46.4%).
- Xavier is 8-0 overall and 6-2 against the spread when it makes more than 46.4% of its shots from the field.
- When Saint John’s (NY)’s opponents hit better than 47.3% from the field, it is 9-2 against the spread and 8-5 overall.
- The Red Storm’s 35.7% three-point shooting percentage this season is 2.7 percentage points higher than opponents of the Musketeers have shot from beyond the arc (33%).
- Saint John’s (NY) has an 11-2 record against the spread and an 11-3 record overall when the team knocks down more than 33% of its shots from three-point range.
- Xavier is 7-1 against the spread and 7-2 overall when its opponents hit more than 35.7% of their shots from deep.
- The Musketeers are hitting 36.4% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is 1.3 percentage points higher than the 35.1% the Red Storm’s are averaging on the season.
- Xavier is 6-1 ATS and 6-1 overall when hitting more than 35.1% of its three-point attempts.
- Saint John’s (NY) is 7-2 ATS and 7-3 overall in games it shoots over 36.4% from deep.
- The Red Storm hit 7.3 three-pointers per game this season, 1.1 fewer makes per game than the Musketeers allow (8.4).
- When Xavier makes more threes than its opponents, it is 6-0 against the spread and 6-0 overall. When Saint John’s (NY) is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 1-4 ATS and 3-6 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from