ACC opponents square off when the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (9-8) host the Pittsburgh Panthers (9-6) at McCamish Pavilion, starting at 4:00 PM ET on Sunday, February 14, 2021. The Panthers are 4-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under of 142 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 14, 2021, 2:19 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Yellow Jackets (-4)
The line for this game set by DraftKings and the model’s prediction are essentially the same (within 0.4 points of each other).
The model predicts a total 2.1 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Prediction: Georgia Tech 74, Pittsburgh 70
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Yellow Jackets this season is 73.2 points, 0.2 more points than their implied total of 73 points in Sunday’s game.
- Georgia Tech has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (73) nine times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Panthers (73.6) is 4.6 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (69).
- Pittsburgh is aiming to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (69) for the ninth time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Georgia Tech and Pittsburgh Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 4+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Yellow Jackets have a 46.3% shooting percentage from the field, which is 3.8% higher than the 42.5% of shots the Panthers’ opponents have hit.
- Georgia Tech is 8-6 against the spread and 9-5 overall in games when it shoots better than 42.5% from the field.
- Pittsburgh’s record is 8-2 against the spread and 8-2 overall when its opponents make more than 46.3% of their shots from the field.
- The Panthers’ 43% shooting percentage from the field this season is 2.9 percentage points lower than the Yellow Jackets have given up to their opponents (45.9%).
- Pittsburgh has compiled a 6-1 straight up record and a 5-2 record against the spread in games it shoots better than 45.9% from the field.
- Georgia Tech is 3-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall in games its opponents shoot above 43% from the field.
- The Yellow Jackets shoot 35.3% from three-point range, 3.8% higher than the 31.5% the Panthers allow to opponents.
- Georgia Tech has a 6-5 record against the spread and an 8-3 record overall when the team connects on more than 31.5% of its shots from three-point range.
- Pittsburgh has a 7-3 record against the spread while going 8-2 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 35.3% from downtown.
- The Panthers are hitting 32.5% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is just 5.1 percentage points fewer than the 37.6% the Yellow Jackets’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Pittsburgh is 3-1 ATS and 3-1 overall when the team hits more than 37.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Georgia Tech is 2-2 ATS and 3-1 overall in games when shooting over 32.5% from deep.
- The Yellow Jackets make 8.1 three-pointers per game this season, 1.5 more made shots on average than the 6.6 per game the Panthers allow.
- When Georgia Tech makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 5-4 against the spread and 6-3 overall. When Pittsburgh is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 4-3 ATS and 3-4 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from