The Minnesota Golden Gophers (13-7) visit the Maryland Terrapins (9-10) after losing six road games in a row. The Terrapins are favored by just 2.5 points in the matchup, which tips at 7:00 PM ET on Sunday, February 14, 2021. The over/under is set at 138 for the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 14, 2021, 2:19 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Golden Gophers (+2.5)
The model and DraftKings both have the Terrapins taking home the victory, but the model has them winning by slightly less (1.6 points). Lean towards taking the Golden Gophers.
The model predicts a total 3.3 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Prediction: Maryland 71, Minnesota 70
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Terrapins’ average implied point total this season is 2.8 more points than their implied total in Sunday’s game (72.8 implied points on average compared to 70 implied points in this game).
- Maryland has scored more than its implied point total in this matchup (70) eight times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Golden Gophers (78.6) is 10.6 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (68).
- Minnesota has put up more than 68 points in 14 games on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Maryland and Minnesota Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 2.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Terrapins are shooting 44.6% from the field this season, 2.1 percentage points higher than the 42.5% the Golden Gophers allow to opponents.
- In games Maryland shoots better than 42.5% from the field, it is 4-5 against the spread and 7-3 overall.
- Minnesota is 9-3-1 against the spread and 13-1 overall in games it allows its opponents to shoot better than 44.6% from the field.
- The Golden Gophers are shooting 40.9% from the field, 2% lower than the 42.9% the Terrapins’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Minnesota has an 11-0 record overall and an 8-1-1 record against the spread in games the team collectively shoots better than 42.9% from the field.
- This season, Maryland has a 3-3 record against the spread and a 4-3 record overall when its opponents shoot greater than 40.9% from the field.
- The Terrapins’ 34% three-point shooting percentage this season is only 1.9 percentage points higher than opponents of the Golden Gophers have shot from beyond the arc (32.1%).
- Maryland has a 6-5 record against the spread and an 8-4 record overall when the team makes more than 32.1% of its shots from three-point distance.
- Minnesota has an 8-2 record against the spread while going 9-1 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 34% from deep.
- The Golden Gophers shoot 29.4% from beyond the arc this season. That’s 5.5 percentage points lower than the Terrapins have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (34.9%).
- Minnesota is 3-1-1 against the spread and 4-1 overall when shooting over 34.9% as a team from three-point range.
- Maryland has a 3-3 ATS record and a 4-2 straight-up record this season in games it has shot better than 29.4% from three-point distance.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from