The Portland Trail Blazers (15-10) will look to Damian Lillard (fifth in the league scoring 29.0 points per game) when they try to beat Luka Doncic (second in the NBA with 28.5 PPG) and the Dallas Mavericks (13-14 on Sunday, February 14, 2021 at American Airlines Center. The Trail Blazers are 4.5-point road underdogs in the matchup, which begins at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup has an over/under set at 237 points.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of February 14, 2021, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Mavericks vs Trail Blazers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of February 14
Rodney Hood: Day To Day (Foot),
Jusuf Nurkic: Out (Wrist),
CJ McCollum: Out (Left foot),
Zach Collins: Out (Ankle)
|Spread Pick||Trail Blazers (+4.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (237)|
|Prediction||Mavericks 115, Trail Blazers 113|
The model and DraftKings both have the Mavericks taking home the victory, but the model has them winning by slightly less (2.2 points). Lean towards taking the Trail Blazers.
The DraftKings point total for this game is more than two possessions higher (8.3 points) than the model projection. Put your money on the under.
Mavericks Key Players
|Tim Hardaway Jr.||26||16.8||3.3||1.6||0.7||0.2||3.1|
Mavericks Player Props
- Doncic’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 44.5, 2.1 less than his season average of 46.6.
- Tim Hardaway Jr.’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.6 shots less than his season average of 3.1.
- Kristaps Porzingis’ blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 blocks lower than his season average of 1.6.
Trail Blazers Key Players
|Gary Trent Jr.||23||14.8||2.2||1.3||0.7||0.2||3.2|
Trail Blazers Player Props
- Lillard’s points prop total for the contest is set at 29.5, 0.5 points higher than his season average of 29.0.
- Enes Kanter’s rebounding prop over/under for the contest is posted at 7.5 boards, 3.5 rebounds lower than his season average of 11.0.
- CJ McCollum’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 2.3 shots lower than his season average of 4.8.
- Robert Covington’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals lower than his season average of 1.6.
- This season, the Mavericks have a 46.5% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.1% lower than the 47.6% of shots the Trail Blazers’ opponents have knocked down.
- Dallas is 7-5 against the spread and 9-3 overall when it shoots higher than 47.6% from the field.
- Portland has a 7-4 record against the spread and an 8-3 record overall when allowing its opponents to hit more than 46.5% of their shots from the field.
- The Trail Blazers have shot at a 44.2% rate from the field this season, 2.7 percentage points less than the 46.9% shooting opponents of the Mavericks have averaged.
- Portland is 4-2 against the spread and 5-1 overall when it shoots better than 46.9% from the field.
- This season, Dallas has a 5-1 record against the spread and a 5-1 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot greater than 44.2% from the field.
- The Mavericks shoot 35% from deep, 1.9% lower than the 36.9% the Trail Blazers allow to opponents.
- Dallas has assembled a 4-4 record against the spread and a 6-2 straight-up record in games this season when the team connects on more than 36.9% of its three-point attempts.
- Portland is 9-2 against the spread while putting together a 9-2 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 35% from downtown.
- The Trail Blazers are knocking down 38.3% of their shots from three-point range, which is just one percentage point greater than the 37.3% the Mavericks’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Portland has a 10-2 ATS record and is 10-2 straight-up when the team hits more than 37.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Dallas has an 8-6 ATS record and an 8-6 straight-up record this season when it makes more than 38.3% of its three-point attempts.
- The Mavericks make 13 three-pointers per game this season, three fewer made shots on average than the 16 per game the Trail Blazers give up.
- Portland has gone 12-6 against the spread and 13-5 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Dallas makes fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 3-13 ATS and 3-13 straight up.
- The Mavericks make the 13th-most three-pointers in the league, while the Trail Blazers give up the 20th-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Mavericks vs Trail Blazers Stat Rankings
|Mavericks Rank||Mavericks AVG||Trail Blazers AVG||Trail Blazers Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from