Nikola Jokic and the Denver Nuggets (14-11) are 2.5-point underdogs against LeBron James and the Los Angeles Lakers (21-6) Sunday, February 14, 2021 at Ball Arena. The matchup starts at 10:00 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup has a point total of 215.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of February 14, 2021, 1:07 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Nuggets Betting Odds
Injury Report as of February 14
Anthony Davis: Day To Day (Achilles),
LeBron James: Day To Day (Ankle),
Alex Caruso: Day To Day (Hand),
Kostas Antetokounmpo: Out (Knee)
Greg Whittington: Out (Knee),
Will Barton: Out (Personal),
Gary Harris: Out (Left Adductor),
PJ Dozier: Out (Hamstring),
Jamal Murray: Day To Day (Ankle)
|Spread Pick||Nuggets (+2.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (215.5)|
|Prediction||Nuggets 112, Lakers 111|
The model has the Nuggets as 0.4-point favorites in this one despite the opposite prediction from DraftKings. However, the margin between the two lines is only 2.9 points.
The model predicts a total 6.9 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Lakers Key Players
Lakers Player Props
- James’ PRA prop total for the game is listed at 41.5, 0.1 higher than his season average of 41.4.
- Anthony Davis’ PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 35.5, 1.0 higher than his season average of 34.5.
- James’ three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots lower than his season average of 2.7.
- Davis’ blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.4 blocks lower than his season average of 1.9.
Nuggets Key Players
|Michael Porter Jr.||15||14.9||6.2||0.9||1.1||1.1||2.3|
Nuggets Player Props
- Jokic’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 44.5, 2.2 lower than his season average of 46.7.
- Michael Porter Jr.’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots greater than his season average of 2.3.
- Porter’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.6 blocks lower than his season average of 1.1.
- The Lakers are shooting 48.6% from the field this season, 1.5 percentage points higher than the 47.1% the Nuggets allow to opponents.
- Los Angeles has a 9-8 record against the spread and a 13-4 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 47.1% from the field.
- Denver is 8-6 against the spread and 11-3 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 48.6% from the field.
- The Nuggets’ 48% shooting percentage from the field this season is three percentage points higher than the Lakers have allowed to their opponents (45%).
- Denver has compiled a 9-10 record against the spread and a 12-7 straight up record in games it shoots better than 45% from the field.
- When Los Angeles’ opponents shoot above 48% from the field, it is 10-10 against the spread and 16-4 overall.
- The Lakers are making 36.4% of their three-point shots this season, 0.3% lower than the 36.7% the Nuggets allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Los Angeles has assembled a 7-5 record against the spread and a 10-2 straight-up record in games this season when the team makes more than 36.7% of its three-point shots.
- Denver is 7-5 against the spread while putting up a 10-2 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 36.4% from three-point distance.
- The Nuggets shoot 37.8% from beyond the arc this season. That’s only 3.8 percentage points higher than the Lakers have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (34%).
- Denver is 7-9 against the spread and 8-8 overall when shooting over 34% as a team from three-point range.
- Los Angeles is 9-7 ATS and 12-4 overall in games it shoots over 37.8% from deep.
- The Lakers knock down 11 three-pointers per game this season, two fewer made shots on average than the 13 per game the Nuggets give up.
- Denver has gone 5-3 against the spread and 6-2 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Los Angeles makes fewer threes than its opponents, it is 4-9 ATS and 7-6 straight up.
- The Lakers are the 26th-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Nuggets give up the 17th-fewest makes from deep.
Lakers vs Nuggets Stat Rankings
|Lakers Rank||Lakers AVG||Nuggets AVG||Nuggets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from