The No. 17 Florida State Seminoles (10-3) are heavily favored (by 13 points) to continue a five-game home win streak when they host the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (6-8) on Saturday, February 13, 2021 at 12:00 PM ET. The point total is set at 143 for the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 13, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Both DraftKings and the model expect the Seminoles to walk away with the win, but the model spread (13.8) is 0.8 points further in their direction.
The model’s predicted total (142.3 points) and the DraftKings set total (143 points) are virtually the same for this contest.
Prediction: Florida State 78, Wake Forest 64
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Seminoles have an average implied point total of 72.8 this season, which is 5.2 points lower than their implied total in Saturday’s game (78).
- Florida State has scored more than its implied point total in this matchup (78) seven times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Demon Deacons (75.2) is 10.2 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (65).
- Wake Forest has totaled more than 65 points 10 times on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Florida State and Wake Forest Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 13+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Seminoles make 47.3% of their shots from the field this season, which is 2.2 percentage points higher than the Demon Deacons have allowed to their opponents (45.1%).
- Florida State is 7-1 against the spread and 8-1 overall in games when it shoots better than 45.1% from the field.
- Wake Forest is 5-1 overall and 5-0 against the spread when allowing opponents to shoot better than 47.3% from the field.
- The Demon Deacons are shooting 42.8% from the field, -2.8% lower than the 40% the Seminoles’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Wake Forest has a 6-4 record overall and a 7-2 record against the spread in games the team collectively shoots higher than 40% from the field.
- When opponents of Florida State shoot above 42.8% from the field, it is 4-3 against the spread and 7-1 overall.
- The Seminoles shoot 37.7% from deep, 3.9% higher than the 33.8% the Demon Deacons allow to opponents.
- Florida State is 6-2 against the spread and 7-1 overall when it shoots better than 33.8% from deep.
- Wake Forest is 6-2 against the spread while putting together a 4-5 straight-up record when its opponents make more than 37.7% of their shots from downtown.
- The Demon Deacons’ three-point shooting percentage this season (34.6%) is only 1.6 percentage points higher than opponents of the Seminoles are averaging (33%).
- Wake Forest is 3-4 straight-up and has a 6-1 ATS record when the team hits more than 33% of its three-point attempts.
- Florida State has a 3-4 ATS record and a 5-2 straight-up record this season when it knocks down more than 34.6% of its three-point shots.
- When Wake Forest makes more threes than its opponents, it is 7-1 against the spread and 4-4 overall. When Florida State is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 3-2 ATS and 5-1 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from