The No. 20 USC Trojans (16-3) are 8-point favorites as they look to continue a five-game win streak when they visit the Washington State Cougars (12-8) on Saturday, February 13, 2021 at Friel Court. The contest airs at 8:00 PM ET on ESPNU. The matchup’s point total is set at 131.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 13, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The spread for this matchup suggested by the model (6.3 points) is a little tighter than the 8-point edge DraftKings gives to the Trojans, though the data still has them as the favorite.
In this game, the model projects a total (137.1 points) slightly higher than the DraftKings over/under (131.5 points).
Prediction: USC 72, Washington State 65
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Trojans have an average implied point total of 73.8 this season, which is 3.8 points higher than their implied total in Saturday’s game (70).
- USC is trying to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (70) for the 12th time this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Cougars (72.6) is 10.6 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (62).
- This season, Washington State has scored more than this game’s implied total of 62 points 12 times.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
USC and Washington State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 8+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Trojans have a 46.5% shooting percentage from the field, which is 6.4% higher than the 40.1% of shots the Cougars’ opponents have made.
- In games USC shoots better than 40.1% from the field, it is 14-1 overall and 11-4 against the spread.
- Washington State is 10-5-1 against the spread and 12-4 overall when its opponents shoot better than 46.5% from the field.
- The Cougars are shooting 41.8% from the field, 3.7% higher than the 38.1% the Trojans’ opponents have shot this season.
- Washington State has put together a 9-7 straight up record and a 9-6-1 record against the spread in games it shoots better than 38.1% from the field.
- When USC’s opponents hit better than 41.8% from the field, it is 11-4 against the spread and 13-3 overall.
- The Trojans shoot 33% from beyond the arc, 2.2% higher than the 30.8% the Cougars allow to opponents.
- USC is 9-3 against the spread and 11-1 overall when it shoots better than 30.8% from distance.
- Washington State has put together an 11-3 straight-up record and gone 8-6 against the spread in games when its opponents shoot over 33% from downtown.
- The Cougars three-point shooting percentage this season (35.3%) is 3.8 percentage points higher than opponents of the Trojans are averaging (31.5%).
- Washington State is 9-7 straight-up and has an 8-7-1 ATS record when the team hits more than 31.5% of its three-point attempts.
- USC has an 11-0 straight-up record and a 9-2 ATS record when it has shot better than 35.3% from three-point range.
- The Trojans knock down 6.1 three-pointers per game this season, 1.7 fewer makes per game than the Cougars allow (7.8).
- The Cougars are 7-5-1 against the spread and 7-6 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Trojans are 5-3 ATS and 8-1 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from