The Utah Utes (9-7) are 5-point underdogs as they try to continue a three-game win streak when they visit the Stanford Cardinal (12-8) on Saturday, February 13, 2021 at Maples Pavilion. The game airs at 10:00 PM ET on PACN. The matchup has an over/under set at 138.5 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 13, 2021, 2:19 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model and DraftKings both have the Cardinal taking home the victory, but the model has them winning by slightly less (3.6 points). Lean towards taking the Utes.
The DraftKings total for this game, 138.5 points, and the model’s projected total, 138.8 points, are only 0.3 points apart.
Prediction: Stanford 71, Utah 68
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Cardinal’s average implied point total this season is 0.6 more points than their implied total in Saturday’s game (72.6 implied points on average compared to 72 implied points in this game).
- Stanford has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (72) 11 times this season.
- The 72.9-point average implied total on the season for the Utes is 5.9 more points than the team’s 67-point implied total in this matchup.
- Utah has totaled more than 67 points 12 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Stanford and Utah Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Cardinal make 46.5% of their shots from the field this season, which is 3.8 percentage points higher than the Utes have allowed to their opponents (42.7%).
- In games Stanford shoots better than 42.7% from the field, it is 8-5 against the spread and 11-2 overall.
- Utah’s record is 7-3 against the spread and 7-3 overall when its opponents make more than 46.5% of their shots from the field.
- The Utes have shot at a 46.1% clip from the field this season, 5.6 percentage points above the 40.5% shooting opponents of the Cardinal have averaged.
- Utah has compiled a 6-7 record against the spread and an 8-5 straight up record in games it shoots above 40.5% from the field.
- Stanford is 7-5 against the spread and 11-2 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot higher than 46.1% from the field.
- The Cardinal are knocking down 30.6% of their three-point shots this season, 4.7% lower than the 35.3% the Utes allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Stanford has collected a 4-2 straight-up record and a 4-2 record against the spread in games when the team hits more than 35.3% of its three-point shots this season.
- Utah has put up a 3-2 against the spread while going 4-1 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 30.6% from downtown.
- The Utes shoot 34.3% from beyond the arc this season. That’s only 0.9 percentage points higher than the Cardinal have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (33.4%).
- Utah is 4-5 against the spread and 6-3 overall when shooting above 33.4% as a team from three-point range.
- Stanford has a 4-6-1 ATS record and a 6-6 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 34.3% from deep.
- The Cardinal connect on 4.9 three-pointers per game this season, 1.6 fewer made shots on average than the 6.5 per game the Utes allow.
- When Utah makes more threes than its opponents, it is 3-1 against the spread and 4-0 overall. When Stanford is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 7-7 ATS and 10-4 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from