Big East opponents meet when the Georgetown Hoyas (5-10) host the Butler Bulldogs (7-10) at McDonough Arena, starting at 1:30 PM ET on Saturday, February 13, 2021. The Bulldogs are 1-point underdogs in the game, the second matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has a point total of 132.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 13, 2021, 2:17 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Our computers expect the same result as DraftKings, but have the Hoyas winning by a considerably greater margin (5.3 points). Take the Hoyas.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (138.0 points) marginally higher than the DraftKings over/under (132 points).
Prediction: Georgetown 72, Butler 66
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Hoyas have an average implied point total of 78.5 this season, which is 11.5 points higher than their implied total in Saturday’s game (67).
- Georgetown has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (67) 11 times this season.
- The Bulldogs’ average implied point total on the season (68.9 points) is 3.9 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (65 points).
- Butler is attempting to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (65) for the ninth time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Georgetown and Butler Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 1+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Hoyas are shooting 42% from the field this season, 4.4 percentage points lower than the 46.4% the Bulldogs allow to opponents.
- In games Georgetown shoots higher than 46.4% from the field, it is 4-0 against the spread and 3-1 overall.
- Butler is 4-0 overall and 4-0 against the spread when allowing its opponents to shoot better than 42% from the field.
- The Bulldogs have shot at a 41.6% rate from the field this season, 0.6 percentage points below the 42.2% shooting opponents of the Hoyas have averaged.
- This season, Butler has a 4-5 record overall and a 4-4 record against the spread in games the team collectively shoots above 42.2% from the field.
- This season, Georgetown has a 3-1 record against the spread and a 2-3 record overall when its opponents shoot over 41.6% from the field.
- The Hoyas’ 34.9% three-point shooting percentage this season is just 1.5 percentage points lower than opponents of the Bulldogs have shot from deep (36.4%).
- Georgetown is 4-2 against the spread and 3-4 overall when it shoots better than 36.4% from distance.
- Butler has compiled a 4-1 against the spread while going 4-2 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 34.9% from downtown.
- The Bulldogs are making 33.7% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is 0.4 percentage points fewer than the 34.1% the Hoyas’ are averaging on the season.
- Butler’s record is 3-2-1 ATS and 2-5 overall when the team hits more than 34.1% of its three-point attempts.
- Georgetown is 3-2 ATS and 3-3 overall in games it shoots over 33.7% from deep.
- The Hoyas knock down 8.7 three-pointers per game this season, 1.5 more made shots on average than the 7.2 per game the Bulldogs allow.
- Georgetown has gone 4-3 against the spread and 3-5 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Butler makes fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 1-6 ATS and 2-5 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from