The Boston College Eagles (3-12) are expected to continue a three-game losing streak when they visit the Syracuse Orange (11-6) as 11-point underdogs at 2:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 13, 2021 at Carrier Dome. The contest airs on ACCN. The over/under in the matchup is 149.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 13, 2021, 2:17 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model favors the Orange by 10.2 points, just 0.8 less than the 11-point spread set by DraftKings.
The model projects a total 1.1 points lower than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: Syracuse 79, Boston College 69
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Orange this season is 76.4 points, 3.6 fewer points than their implied total of 80 points in Saturday’s game.
- Syracuse has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (80) five times this season.
- The Eagles’ average implied point total on the season (76.2 points) is 7.2 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (69 points).
- This season, Boston College has scored more than this game’s implied total of 69 points nine times.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Syracuse and Boston College Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 11+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Orange have a 44.1% shooting percentage from the field, which is 4.5% lower than the 48.6% of shots the Eagles’ have made.
- In games when Syracuse shoots higher than 48.6% from the field, it is 3-0 against the spread and 4-0 overall.
- Boston College has gone 1-2 against the spread and 0-3 overall in games it allows its opponents to shoot better than 44.1% from the field.
- The Eagles are shooting 42.7% from the field, -1.7% lower than the 41% the Orange’s opponents have shot this season.
- Boston College has put together a 3-7 straight up record and a 6-3 record against the spread in games it shoots above 41% from the field.
- Syracuse is 6-2 overall and 3-3 against the spread in games it allows opponents to shoot above 42.7% from the field.
- The Orange’s 32% three-point shooting percentage this season is only 1.3 percentage points lower than opponents of the Eagles have shot from beyond the arc (33.3%).
- Syracuse has put together a 3-3 record against the spread and a 6-1 straight-up record in games this season when the team makes more than 33.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Boston College is 4-4 against the spread while putting up a 3-5 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 32% from three-point range.
- The Eagles shoot 33.7% from beyond the arc this season. That’s just 3.3 percentage points higher than the Orange have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (30.4%).
- Boston College is 6-3 against the spread and 3-7 overall when it shoots above 30.4% as a team from deep.
- Syracuse is 7-2 overall and 3-4 ATS in games it shoots over 33.7% from deep.
- The Orange knock down 7.8 three-pointers per game this season, 1.6 fewer made shots on average than the 9.4 per game the Eagles allow.
- The Eagles are 5-5 against the spread and 3-8 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Orange are 2-6 ATS and 6-4 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from