The TCU Horned Frogs (11-7) are heavy underdogs (-12) as they try to break a three-game road losing streak when they square off against the No. 13 Texas Longhorns (12-5) on Saturday, February 13, 2021 at Frank Erwin Center. The contest airs at 2:00 PM ET on LHN. The matchup’s over/under is set at 142.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 13, 2021, 2:17 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Horned Frogs (+12)
The model and DraftKings both have the Longhorns taking home the win, but the model has them winning by slightly less (10.9 points). Lean towards taking the Horned Frogs.
The DraftKings total for this game, 142 points, and the model’s projected total, 142.5 points, are only 0.5 points apart.
Prediction: Texas 77, TCU 66
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Longhorns this season is 73.6 points, 3.4 fewer points than their implied total of 77 points in Saturday’s game.
- Texas has scored more than its implied point total in this matchup (77) 10 times this season.
- The Horned Frogs’ average implied point total on the season (72.1 points) is 7.1 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (65 points).
- TCU is attempting to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (65) for the 13th time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Texas and TCU Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 12+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Longhorns are shooting 44.3% from the field this season, the same as the Horned Frogs allow to opponents.
- In games when Texas shoots better than 44.3% from the field, it is 3-7 against the spread and 7-3 overall.
- TCU has a 4-4 record against the spread and an 8-1 record overall when allowing its opponents to hit more than 44.3% of their shots from the field.
- The Horned Frogs have shot at a 45.2% rate from the field this season, 4.6 percentage points above the 40.6% shooting opponents of the Longhorns have averaged.
- TCU has a 6-4 record against the spread and a 7-4 record overall in games when it shoots over 40.6% from the field.
- Texas is 9-4 overall and 6-7 against the spread in games it allows opponents to shoot greater than 45.2% from the field.
- The Longhorns’ 34.3% three-point shooting percentage this season is 2.5 percentage points higher than opponents of the Horned Frogs have shot from beyond the arc (31.8%).
- Texas has put together a 4-7 record against the spread and an 8-3 straight-up record in games this season when the team knocks down more than 31.8% of its three-point attempts.
- TCU has put together a 6-5 against the spread while going 9-3 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 34.3% from downtown.
- The Horned Frogs shoot 35.4% from three-point distance this season. That’s 3.8 percentage points higher than the Longhorns have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (31.6%).
- TCU’s record is 7-5 ATS and 6-6 overall when the team makes more than 31.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Texas has a 5-5 ATS record and an 8-2 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 35.4% from deep.
- The Longhorns connect on 9.2 three-pointers per game this season, 2.1 more makes per game than the Horned Frogs allow (7.1).
- Texas has gone 5-9 against the spread and 11-3 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When TCU hits fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 3-4 ATS and 4-3 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from