The Iowa State Cyclones (2-13) will try to stop a nine-game losing streak when they host the Kansas Jayhawks (14-7) on Saturday, February 13, 2021 at Hilton Coliseum as big, 11.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 3:00 PM ET on ABC. The matchup has an over/under of 144.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 13, 2021, 2:17 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The DraftKings line for this game has the Jayhawks favored by 11.5, while the model predicts they’ll win by slightly more (12.1 points).
The model’s predicted total (144.9 points) and the DraftKings set total (144.5 points) are virtually the same for this contest.
Prediction: Kansas 78, Iowa State 66
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Jayhawks this season is 75.4 points, 2.6 fewer points than their implied total of 78 points in Saturday’s game.
- Kansas has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (78) nine times this season.
- The 77.7-point average implied total on the season for the Cyclones is 10.7 more points than the team’s 67-point implied total in this matchup.
- Iowa State has scored more than 67 points seven times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Kansas and Iowa State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 11.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Jayhawks have a 44.6% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2.3% lower than the 46.9% of shots the Cyclones’ have made.
- Kansas has a 4-3-1 record against the spread and a 6-3 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 46.9% from the field.
- Iowa State has gone 3-4 against the spread and 2-5 overall in games it allows its opponents to shoot better than 44.6% from the field.
- The Cyclones have shot at a 43% clip from the field this season, -1.4 percentage points fewer than the 41.6% shooting opponents of the Jayhawks have averaged.
- This season, Iowa State has a 2-8 record overall and a 4-6 record against the spread in games the team collectively shoots over 41.6% from the field.
- This season, Kansas has a 12-0 straight up record and an 8-3 record against the spread when it allows opponents to shoot above 43% from the field.
- The Jayhawks are making 35.9% of their three-point shots this season, 3.4% higher than the 32.5% the Cyclones allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Kansas is 9-4 overall and 7-4-1 against the spread when it shoots better than 32.5% from distance.
- Iowa State is 4-4 against the spread and 2-6 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 35.9% from deep.
- The Cyclones shoot 32.9% from three-point distance this season. That’s just 1.4 percentage points lower than the Jayhawks have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (34.3%).
- Iowa State’s record is 3-2 ATS and 1-4 overall when the team hits more than 34.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Kansas is 7-0 overall and 6-1 ATS in games it shoots above 32.9% from deep.
- The Jayhawks are 5-2-1 against the spread and 7-2 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Cyclones are 1-4 ATS and 0-5 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from