The Charlotte 49ers (9-10) are expected to continue a three-game losing streak when they visit the Old Dominion Monarchs (9-5) as 4-point underdogs at 4:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 13, 2021 at Ted Constant Convocation Center. The game airs on ESPN+. The point total is set at 126 in the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 13, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model and DraftKings both have the Monarchs taking home the victory, but the model has them winning by slightly less (3.0 points). Lean towards taking the 49ers.
The model predicts a total (135.4 points) much higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup (126 points). Take the over.
Prediction: Old Dominion 69, Charlotte 66
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Monarchs have an average implied point total of 71.8 this season, which is 6.8 points higher than their implied total in Saturday’s game (65).
- Old Dominion is attempting to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (65) for the 10th time this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the 49ers (67.4) is 6.4 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (61).
- Charlotte has scored more than 61 points in 14 games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Old Dominion and Charlotte Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 4+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Monarchs are shooting 43.5% from the field this season, 0.4 percentage points lower than the 43.9% the 49ers allow to opponents.
- In games Old Dominion shoots higher than 43.9% from the field, it is 3-2 against the spread and 5-0 overall.
- Charlotte has put together a 4-2 record against the spread and a 4-4 record overall when its opponents hit more than 43.5% of their shots from the field.
- The 49ers have shot at a 45.5% rate from the field this season, 0.3 percentage points higher than the 45.2% shooting opponents of the Monarchs have averaged.
- Charlotte is 7-2 overall and 4-5 against the spread when it shoots higher than 45.2% from the field.
- When opponents of Old Dominion shoot over 45.5% from the field, it is 2-2-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall.
- The Monarchs shoot 27.8% from beyond the arc, 3.8% lower than the 31.6% the 49ers allow to opponents.
- Old Dominion has a 2-3-1 record against the spread and a 7-0 record overall when the team knocks down more than 31.6% of its shots from three-point range.
- Charlotte has put together a 5-2 against the spread while going 5-3 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 27.8% from deep.
- The 49ers are knocking down 34% of their shots from deep, which is -3.6 percentage points higher than the 37.6% the Monarchs’ are averaging on the season.
- Charlotte is 3-3 against the spread and 5-1 overall when shooting above 37.6% as a team from three-point range.
- Old Dominion has a 2-2 ATS record and a 3-1 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 34% from deep.
- The Monarchs’ 4.9 made three-pointers per game this season is one fewer made shot on average than the 5.9 per game the 49ers give up.
- When Charlotte makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 4-2 against the spread and 3-5 overall. When Old Dominion is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 4-7-1 ATS and 8-5 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from