The Duke Blue Devils (7-8) will attempt to break a three-game losing streak when they visit the NC State Wolf Pack (8-8) on Saturday, February 13, 2021 at PNC Arena as 3.5-point favorites. The matchup airs at 4:00 PM ET on ESPN. The point total is set at 149 for the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 13, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Wolf Pack (+3.5)
The data strongly suggests betting on the Wolf Pack in this one. The model favors them while DraftKings has the Blue Devils favored and the difference between the two is 5.2 points.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (147.5 points) a little lower than the DraftKings over/under (149 points).
Prediction: NC State 75, Duke 73
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Blue Devils’ average implied point total this season is 0.5 more points than their implied total in Saturday’s game (76.5 implied points on average compared to 76 implied points in this game).
- This season, Duke has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (76) seven times.
- The Wolf Pack’s average implied point total on the season (76.9 points) is 3.9 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (73 points).
- NC State has scored more than 73 points nine times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Duke and NC State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 3.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Blue Devils make 46.2% of their shots from the field this season, which is the same as the Wolf Pack have allowed to their opponents.
- Duke has put together a 1-5 record against the spread and a 4-3 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 46.2% from the field.
- NC State has a 5-4-1 record against the spread and a 6-4 record overall when its opponents make more than 46.2% of their shots from the field.
- The Wolf Pack’s 46.8% shooting percentage from the field this season is 0.1 percentage points lower than the Blue Devils have given up to their opponents (46.9%).
- NC State has put together a 5-4 record against the spread and an 8-1 record overall in games when it shoots better than 46.9% from the field.
- Duke is 2-5 against the spread and 5-3 straight up in games when allowing opponents to shoot greater than 46.8% from the field.
- The Blue Devils’ 34.4% three-point shooting percentage this season is only one percentage point lower than opponents of the Wolf Pack have shot from deep (35.4%).
- Duke has put together a 1-3 record against the spread and a 3-2 straight-up record in games this season when making more than 35.4% of its three-point attempts.
- NC State has gone 5-1 overall and has a 3-2-1 record against the spread in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 34.4% from downtown.
- The Wolf Pack are knocking down 36.5% of their shots from three-point range, which is only two percentage points fewer than the 38.5% the Blue Devils’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- NC State has a 4-3 ATS record and is 5-2 straight-up in games when the team hits more than 38.5% of its three-point attempts.
- Duke has a 5-2 straight-up record and a 2-4 ATS record when it has shot better than 36.5% from three-point distance.
- Duke has gone 1-5 against the spread and 3-4 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When NC State makes fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 2-6-1 ATS and 3-6 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from