The Ole Miss Rebels (11-8) are 1.5-point favorites as they try to extend a three-game win streak when they visit the South Carolina Gamecocks (5-8) on Saturday, February 13, 2021 at Colonial Life Arena. The game airs at 6:00 PM ET on SECN. The matchup’s point total is set at 137.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 13, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model projects the Rebels to win, just as DraftKings does, but the model favors them by slightly more points (3.3 to 1.5).
The model predicts a total 3.9 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Prediction: Ole Miss 72, South Carolina 69
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Rebels’ average implied point total this season is 3.8 more points than their implied total in Saturday’s game (73.8 implied points on average compared to 70 implied points in this game).
- Ole Miss has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (70) nine times.
- The Gamecocks’ average implied point total on the season (76.3 points) is 8.3 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (68 points).
- South Carolina will look to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (68) for the 10th time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Ole Miss and South Carolina Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 1.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Rebels make 44.7% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.6 percentage points higher than the Gamecocks have allowed to their opponents (44.1%).
- In games Ole Miss shoots higher than 44.1% from the field, it is 9-1 against the spread and 9-1 overall.
- South Carolina is 5-1 against the spread and 4-2 overall when its opponents shoot better than 44.7% from the field.
- The Gamecocks have shot at a 42.7% clip from the field this season, 0.3 percentage points higher than the 42.4% shooting opponents of the Rebels have averaged.
- This season, South Carolina has put together a 5-2 record against the spread and a 3-4 record overall in games the team shoots higher than 42.4% collectively from the field.
- When Ole Miss’ opponents shoot above 42.7% from the field, it is 8-1 against the spread and 9-0 overall.
- The Rebels’ 28.7% three-point shooting percentage this season is 5.4 percentage points lower than opponents of the Gamecocks have shot from deep (34.1%).
- Ole Miss is 3-2 against the spread and 3-2 overall when it shoots better than 34.1% from distance.
- South Carolina has put up a 4-1 against the spread while going 4-1 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 28.7% from deep.
- The Gamecocks are knocking down 31% of their shots from three-point distance, which is 6.3 percentage points fewer than the 37.3% the Rebels’ are averaging on the season.
- South Carolina is 2-2 overall and 2-2 against the spread when it shoots above 37.3% as a team from three-point distance.
- Ole Miss has a 4-1 ATS record and a 5-0 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 31% from deep.
- The Rebels make 5.4 three-pointers per game this season, 1.9 fewer made shots on average than the 7.3 per game the Gamecocks give up.
- When South Carolina makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 4-3 against the spread and 4-3 overall. When Ole Miss is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 6-5 ATS and 6-5 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from