The DePaul Blue Demons (3-8) are expected to continue a three-game losing streak when they host the Providence Friars (10-10) as 1.5-point underdogs at 8:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 13, 2021 at Wintrust Arena. The contest airs on FS1. The matchup has an over/under of 137 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 13, 2021, 2:19 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Blue Demons (+1.5)
The model favors the Friars by 0.1 points, just 1.4 less than the 1.5-point spread set by DraftKings.
The model predicts a total 4.3 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Prediction: Providence 72, DePaul 71
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Friars have an average implied point total of 72.2 this season, which is 3.2 points higher than their implied total in Saturday’s game (69).
- Providence has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (69) 14 times.
- The Blue Demons’ average implied point total on the season (75.1 points) is 7.1 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (68 points).
- DePaul will aim to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (68) for the sixth time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Providence and DePaul Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 1.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Friars make 43.7% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.9 percentage points higher than the Blue Demons have allowed to their opponents (42.8%).
- In games Providence shoots better than 42.8% from the field, it is 8-2 overall and 6-2 against the spread.
- DePaul’s record is 5-1 against the spread and 3-3 overall when it allows its opponents to make more than 43.7% of their shots from the field.
- The Blue Demons’ 42.2% shooting percentage from the field this season is 2.1 percentage points lower than the Friars have allowed to their opponents (44.3%).
- DePaul is 1-1 overall and 2-0 against the spread when it shoots higher than 44.3% from the field.
- Providence is 3-3 against the spread and 5-3 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot greater than 42.2% from the field.
- The Friars shoot 32.5% from deep, 2.4% higher than the 30.1% the Blue Demons allow to opponents.
- Providence has a 6-4 record against the spread and a 5-7 record overall when the team connects on more than 30.1% of its three-point shots.
- DePaul is 5-2 against the spread and 3-5 overall when its opponents hit more than 32.5% of their shots from deep.
- The Blue Demons shoot 31.4% from beyond the arc this season. That’s just 0.9 percentage points higher than the Friars have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (30.5%).
- DePaul is 2-4 overall and 3-2 against the spread when it shoots above 30.5% as a team from three-point range.
- Providence has a 5-4 ATS record and a 6-5 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 31.4% from distance.
- Providence is 6-2 against the spread and 6-4 overall when it connects on more threes than its opponents, while DePaul is 1-4 ATS and 1-4 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from