The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (5-11) are heavy underdogs (by 17.5 points) to end a three-game road losing streak when they visit the Marshall Thundering Herd (10-5) on Friday, February 12, 2021 at 6:00 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 143.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 12, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Blue Raiders (+17.5)
The spread for this game suggested by the model (14.7 points) is a little tighter than the 17.5-point edge DraftKings gives to the Thundering Herd, though the data still has them as the favorite.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (139.7 points) slightly lower than the DraftKings over/under (143.5 points).
Prediction: Marshall 77, Middle Tennessee 62
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Thundering Herd’s average implied point total this season is 1.4 fewer points than their implied total in Friday’s game (79.6 implied points on average compared to 81 implied points in this game).
- Marshall has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (81) eight times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Blue Raiders (70.4) is 7.4 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (63).
- Middle Tennessee has totaled more than 63 points in seven games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Marshall and Middle Tennessee Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 17.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Thundering Herd are shooting 46.7% from the field this season, 1.6 percentage points higher than the 45.1% the Blue Raiders allow to opponents.
- Marshall is 6-2 against the spread and 7-1 overall in games when it collectively shoots higher than 45.1% from the field.
- Middle Tennessee is 4-4 against the spread and 4-5 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 46.7% from the field.
- The Blue Raiders are shooting 39% from the field, 3.1% lower than the 42.1% the Thundering Herd’s opponents have shot this season.
- Middle Tennessee has put together a 4-2 record against the spread and a 4-2 straight up record in games it shoots over 42.1% from the field.
- Marshall is 2-0-1 against the spread and 4-0 overall in games its opponents shoot higher than 39% from the field.
- The Thundering Herd’s 34.1% three-point shooting percentage this season is 5.5 percentage points higher than opponents of the Blue Raiders have shot from deep (28.6%).
- Marshall is 6-3 overall and 5-4 against the spread when it shoots better than 28.6% from distance.
- Middle Tennessee has a 4-8 record against the spread while going 4-8 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 34.1% from downtown.
- The Blue Raiders are knocking down 31.6% of their shots from deep, which is -1.6 percentage points higher than the 33.2% the Thundering Herd’s are averaging on the season.
- Middle Tennessee has a 2-4 ATS record and is 2-4 straight-up in games when the team hits better than 33.2% of its three-point attempts.
- Marshall has a 3-1-1 ATS record and a 4-1 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 31.6% from downtown.
- The Thundering Herd’s 8.7 made three-pointers per game this season is 1.6 more made shots on average than the 7.1 per game the Blue Raiders give up.
- Marshall has gone 3-6-1 against the spread and 5-5 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Middle Tennessee hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 0-2 ATS and 0-2 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from