The UAB Blazers (16-2) will attempt to extend a six-game winning streak when they hit the road to play the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (15-6) on Friday, February 12, 2021 at Thomas Assembly Center as just 2-point underdogs. The game airs at 7:30 PM ET. The point total for the matchup is set at 132.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 12, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
While DraftKings has the Bulldogs winning by two, the model has the Blazers taking home the victory, though the margin is fairly small (2.4 points). Lean toward taking the Blazers.
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is just 2.2 points lower than the model projection.
Prediction: UAB 68, Louisiana Tech 67
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Bulldogs’ average implied point total this season is 7.8 more points than their implied total in Friday’s game (74.8 implied points on average compared to 67 implied points in this game).
- Louisiana Tech has scored more than its implied point total in this matchup (67) 15 times this season.
- The Blazers’ average implied point total on the season (73.7 points) is 8.7 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (65 points).
- UAB has scored more than this game’s implied total of 65 points 13 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Louisiana Tech and UAB Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 2+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Bulldogs are shooting 43.6% from the field this season, 5.1 percentage points higher than the 38.5% the Blazers allow to opponents.
- In games Louisiana Tech shoots better than 38.5% from the field, it is 11-5 against the spread and 15-2 overall.
- UAB’s record is 9-1 against the spread and 12-0 overall when it allows its opponents to make more than 43.6% of their shots from the field.
- The Blazers have shot at a 45.9% clip from the field this season, 5.6 percentage points greater than the 40.3% shooting opponents of the Bulldogs have averaged.
- UAB is 10-3 against the spread and 13-2 overall when shooting better than 40.3% from the field.
- This season, Louisiana Tech has an 11-4 record against the spread and a 13-4 record overall when its opponents shoot over 45.9% from the field.
- The Bulldogs shoot 33.9% from deep, 4.2% higher than the 29.7% the Blazers allow to opponents.
- Louisiana Tech has an 8-4 record against the spread and an 11-3 record overall when the team hits more than 29.7% of its attempts from three-point range.
- UAB is 7-2 against the spread and 11-0 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 33.9% from deep.
- The Blazers are knocking down 30.9% of their shots from deep, which is just 0.9 percentage points greater than the 30% the Bulldogs’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- UAB’s record is 7-3 ATS and 12-0 overall when the team makes more than 30% of its three-point attempts.
- Louisiana Tech has a 9-1 ATS record and a 9-3 straight-up record this season when it makes more than 30.9% of its three-point attempts.
- The Bulldogs’ 7.1 made three-pointers per game this season is 1.7 more made shots on average than the 5.4 per game the Blazers give up.
- Louisiana Tech is 6-3 against the spread and 9-1 overall when it connects on more three-pointers than its opponents, while UAB is 6-2 ATS and 7-2 straight up in games when it is out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from