The Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (13-4) will attempt to continue a four-game winning streak when they host the Rice Owls (12-8) on Friday, February 12, 2021 at E. A. Diddle Arena as big, 11.5-point favorites. The contest airs at 8:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup has a point total of 147.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 12, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The spread for this matchup suggested by the model (10.3 points) is slightly less than the 11.5-point edge DraftKings gives to the Hilltoppers, though the data still has them as the favorite.
The model projects a total 2.0 points lower than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: Western Kentucky 78, Rice 68
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Hilltoppers’ average implied point total this season is 3.1 fewer points than their implied total in Friday’s game (76.9 implied points on average compared to 80 implied points in this game).
- Western Kentucky is looking to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (80) for the sixth time this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Owls (76.9) is 8.9 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (68).
- Rice has scored more than 68 points in 17 games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Western Kentucky and Rice Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 11.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Hilltoppers make 45.1% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.6 percentage points higher than the Owls have allowed to their opponents (44.5%).
- Western Kentucky has gone 9-1 overall and 6-4 against the spread when it shoots better than 44.5% from the field.
- Rice is 9-2 overall and 7-0-1 against the spread when allowing opponents to shoot better than 45.1% from the field.
- The Owls’ 45.7% shooting percentage from the field this season is 2.6 percentage points higher than the Hilltoppers have allowed to their opponents (43.1%).
- Rice has put together an 8-5 straight up record and a 7-4 record against the spread in games it shoots better than 43.1% from the field.
- Western Kentucky is 6-6 against the spread and 11-1 straight up in games when allowing opponents to shoot greater than 45.7% from the field.
- The Hilltoppers shoot 33% from beyond the arc, 0.7% lower than the 33.7% the Owls allow to opponents.
- Western Kentucky has a 4-4 record against the spread and a 7-1 record overall when the team hits more than 33.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Rice has a 4-1 record against the spread while going 6-2 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 33% from deep.
- The Owls are making 37.5% of their shots from three-point range, which is 0.9 percentage points higher than the 36.6% the Hilltoppers’ are averaging on the season.
- Rice’s record is 7-3-1 ATS and 7-6 overall when the team hits more than 36.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Western Kentucky has a 4-6 ATS record and a 9-1 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 37.5% from three-point range.
- The Hilltoppers knock down 5.7 three-pointers per game this season, 4.9 fewer made shots on average than the 10.6 per game the Owls give up.
- When Rice makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 7-3-1 against the spread and 9-5 overall. When Western Kentucky is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 6-8 ATS and 11-3 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from