The Southern Miss Golden Eagles (7-12) will attempt to break a six-game losing streak when they host the North Texas Mean Green (10-6) on Friday, February 12, 2021 at Reed Green Coliseum as 8.5-point underdogs. The contest airs at 8:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The point total is set at 126.5 for the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 12, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The line for this game set by DraftKings and the model’s prediction are essentially the same (within 0.0 points of each other).
In this game, the model projects a total (131.9 points) marginally higher than the DraftKings over/under (126.5 points).
Prediction: North Texas 70, Southern Miss 62
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Mean Green have an average implied point total of 75.1 this season, which is 7.1 points higher than their implied total in Friday’s game (68).
- This season, North Texas has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (68) nine times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Golden Eagles (68.9) is 9.9 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (59).
- Southern Miss has totaled more than 59 points in 16 games on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
North Texas and Southern Miss Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 8.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Mean Green have a 49.1% shooting percentage from the field, which is 7.6% higher than the 41.5% of shots the Golden Eagles’ opponents have knocked down.
- In games when North Texas shoots better than 41.5% from the field, it is 7-3 against the spread and 9-2 overall.
- Southern Miss’ record is 8-6 against the spread and 7-9 overall when its opponents make more than 49.1% of their shots from the field.
- The Golden Eagles have shot at a 43.3% rate from the field this season, 2.2 percentage points higher than the 41.1% shooting opponents of the Mean Green have averaged.
- Southern Miss has put together an 8-3 record against the spread and a 6-7 record overall in games when it shoots above 41.1% from the field.
- When opponents of North Texas shoot greater than 43.3% from the field, it is 8-3 against the spread and 8-3 overall.
- The Mean Green are knocking down 38.3% of their three-point shots this season, 4.9% higher than the 33.4% the Golden Eagles allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- North Texas has put together an 8-1 straight-up record and a 7-1 record against the spread in games when the team connects on more than 33.4% of its three-point attempts this season.
- Southern Miss has put together a 7-7 straight-up record and gone 8-4 against the spread in games when its opponents shoot over 38.3% from three-point range.
- The Golden Eagles shoot 33.8% from beyond the arc this season. That’s only 1.1 percentage points higher than the Mean Green have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (32.7%).
- Southern Miss has a 7-4 ATS record and is 6-7 straight-up when the team hits more than 32.7% of its three-point attempts.
- North Texas has a 4-5 straight-up record and a 5-3 ATS record when it has shot better than 33.8% from three-point distance.
- The Mean Green connect on 8.2 three-pointers per game this season, 2.4 more makes per game than the Golden Eagles allow (5.8).
- When North Texas makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 6-1 against the spread and 6-3 overall. When Southern Miss is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 5-7 ATS and 3-10 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from