The Florida International Panthers (9-12) visit the UTEP Miners (8-10) after losing four road games in a row. The Miners are favored by 8 points in the contest, which starts at 9:00 PM ET on Friday, February 12, 2021. The point total for the matchup is set at 142.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 12, 2021, 2:17 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The DraftKings line for this game has the Miners favored by eight, while the model predicts they’ll win by slightly more (8.6 points).
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is just 1.3 points lower than the model projection.
Prediction: UTEP 76, Florida International 68
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Miners’ average implied point total this season is 2.8 fewer points than their implied total in Friday’s game (72.2 implied points on average compared to 75 implied points in this game).
- UTEP has scored more than its implied point total in this matchup (75) eight times this season.
- The Panthers’ average implied point total on the season (76.4 points) is 9.4 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (67 points).
- Florida International is trying to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (67) for the 14th time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
UTEP and Florida International Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 8+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Miners are shooting 42.6% from the field this season, 3.9 percentage points lower than the 46.5% the Panthers allow to opponents.
- UTEP is 4-0 against the spread and 6-0 overall in games when it shoots higher than 46.5% from the field.
- Florida International has put up a 4-0 record against the spread and a 5-0 record overall when its opponents hit more than 42.6% of their shots from the field.
- The Panthers are shooting 43.8% from the field, 0.6% lower than the 44.4% the Miners’ opponents have shot this season.
- Florida International is 6-5 overall and 5-4 against the spread when it shoots higher than 44.4% from the field.
- When UTEP’s opponents shoot above 43.8% from the field, it is 4-1 against the spread and 5-2 overall.
- The Miners are making 32.7% of their three-point shots this season, 3.3% lower than the 36% the Panthers allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- UTEP is 6-4 overall and 5-3 against the spread when it shoots better than 36% from distance.
- Florida International has put up a 5-3 straight-up record and gone 3-3 against the spread in games when its opponents shoot over 32.7% from downtown.
- The Panthers are hitting 33.7% of their shots from deep, which is 2.1 percentage points fewer than the 35.8% the Miners’ are averaging on the season.
- Florida International is 5-3 straight-up and has a 4-2 ATS record when the team hits more than 35.8% of its three-point attempts.
- UTEP is 4-3 overall and 4-2 ATS in games it shoots over 33.7% from deep.
- The Miners make 7.1 three-pointers per game this season, 3.6 fewer makes per game than the Panthers allow (10.7).
- The Panthers are 3-7 against the spread and 8-7 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Miners are 0-2 ATS and 2-2 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from