The Minnesota Golden Gophers (12-7) host the No. 24 Purdue Boilermakers (13-7) in a matchup of Big Ten teams at Williams Arena, tipping off at 5:00 PM ET on Thursday, February 11, 2021. The Golden Gophers are 2.5-point favorites in the game, the second matchup between the teams this season. The over/under is set at 138.5 in the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 11, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Golden Gophers (-2.5)
The DraftKings line for this matchup is within 0.1 points of the model. Stay away from this one.
In this game, the model projects a total (142.7 points) marginally higher than the DraftKings over/under (138.5 points).
Prediction: Minnesota 73, Purdue 70
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Golden Gophers this season is 78.9 points, 7.9 more points than their implied total of 71 points in Thursday’s game.
- Minnesota has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (71) 13 times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Boilermakers (72.3) is 4.3 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (68).
- Purdue has put up more than 68 points 12 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Minnesota and Purdue Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 2.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Golden Gophers have a 40.6% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.1% lower than the 41.7% of shots the Boilermakers’ opponents have hit.
- Minnesota has amassed a 7-2-1 record against the spread and an 11-0 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 41.7% from the field.
- Purdue’s record is 8-0 overall and 7-0 against the spread when its opponents make more than 40.6% of their shots from the field.
- The Boilermakers’ 44.4% shooting percentage from the field this season is 1.9 percentage points higher than the Golden Gophers have allowed to their opponents (42.5%).
- This season, Purdue has compiled a 7-3 record against the spread and a 9-3 record overall in games the team shoots over 42.5% collectively from the field.
- This season, Minnesota has an 8-3-1 record against the spread and a 12-1 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot above 44.4% from the field.
- The Golden Gophers shoot 29.4% from deep, 3% lower than the 32.4% the Boilermakers allow to opponents.
- Minnesota has put together a 5-2 straight-up record and a 4-1-1 record against the spread in games when the team makes more than 32.4% of its three-point attempts this season.
- Purdue is 5-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 29.4% from deep.
- The Boilermakers three-point shooting percentage this season (34.6%) is 1.6 percentage points higher than opponents of the Golden Gophers are averaging (33%).
- Purdue has a 4-4-1 ATS record and has gone 8-2 straight-up when hitting more than 33% of its three-point attempts.
- Minnesota has a 7-3 ATS record and a 9-1 straight-up record this season in games it has shot better than 34.6% from three-point range.
- When Minnesota makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 6-4-1 against the spread and 7-4 overall. When Purdue is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 5-5 ATS and 8-5 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from