The California Golden Bears (7-14) will try to end a six-game losing streak when they host the Utah Utes (8-7) on Thursday, February 11, 2021 at Haas Pavilion as 5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 6:00 PM ET on PACN. The matchup has an over/under set at 133.5 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 11, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Golden Bears (+5)
The model and DraftKings both have the Utes taking home the victory, but the model has them winning by slightly less (2.8 points). Lean towards taking the Golden Bears.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (136.6 points) marginally higher than the DraftKings over/under (133.5 points).
Prediction: Utah 70, Cal 67
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Utes’ average implied point total this season is 4.2 more points than their implied total in Thursday’s game (73.2 implied points on average compared to 69 implied points in this game).
- Utah will look to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (69) for the 11th time this season.
- The Golden Bears’ average implied point total on the season (71.2 points) is 7.2 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (64 points).
- Cal has scored more than this game’s implied total of 64 points 11 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Utah and Cal Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Utes are shooting 45.8% from the field this season, one percentage point lower than the 46.8% the Golden Bears allow to opponents.
- Utah is 5-4 against the spread and 6-3 overall in games when it collectively shoots better than 46.8% from the field.
- Cal has gone 4-4 against the spread and 5-4 overall in games it allows its opponents to shoot better than 45.8% from the field.
- The Golden Bears’ 43.6% shooting percentage from the field this season is -1.5 percentage points lower than the Utes have given up to their opponents (42.1%).
- Cal has compiled a 6-4 straight up record and a 5-4 record against the spread in games it shoots above 42.1% from the field.
- This season, Utah has a 5-2 record against the spread and a 6-1 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot greater than 43.6% from the field.
- The Utes’ 33.7% three-point shooting percentage this season is 4.7 percentage points lower than opponents of the Golden Bears have shot from beyond the arc (38.4%).
- Utah is 5-2 overall and 4-3 against the spread when it shoots better than 38.4% from distance.
- Cal has a 4-2 record against the spread while going 4-4 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 33.7% from deep.
- The Golden Bears shoot 33.4% from beyond the arc this season. That’s 1.8 percentage points lower than the Utes have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (35.2%).
- Cal has a 6-2 ATS record and has gone 4-4 straight-up when making more than 35.2% of its three-point attempts.
- Utah has a 5-3 straight-up record and a 3-5 ATS record this season when it connects on more than 33.4% of its three-point attempts.
- When Cal makes more threes than its opponents, it is 7-5 against the spread and 5-8 overall. When Utah is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 4-6 ATS and 4-6 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from