The Northwestern Wildcats (6-10) are 4-point underdogs as they look to stop a nine-game losing streak when they host the Indiana Hoosiers (10-8) on Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at Welsh-Ryan Arena. The matchup airs at 5:30 PM ET on BTN. The over/under is 139.5 for the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 10, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model and DraftKings both have the Hoosiers taking home the win, but the model has them winning by slightly less (3.0 points). Lean towards taking the Wildcats.
The DraftKings point total for this game is just 4.2 points lower than the model projection.
Prediction: Indiana 73, Northwestern 70
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Hoosiers have an average implied point total of 73.5 this season, which is 1.5 points higher than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (72).
- Indiana has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (72) eight times this season.
- The Wildcats’ average implied point total on the season (77.2 points) is 9.2 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (68 points).
- Northwestern has scored more than 68 points in 12 games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Indiana and Northwestern Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 4+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Hoosiers make 45.1% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.4 percentage points higher than the Wildcats have allowed to their opponents (43.7%).
- Indiana is 7-3-1 against the spread and 8-3 overall when it shoots better than 43.7% from the field.
- Northwestern is 5-3 overall and 4-2 against the spread when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 45.1% from the field.
- The Wildcats’ 44.9% shooting percentage from the field this season is 3.3 percentage points higher than the Hoosiers have allowed to their opponents (41.6%).
- Northwestern is 6-2 against the spread and 6-5 overall when shooting better than 41.6% from the field.
- This season, Indiana has a 9-3-1 record against the spread and an 8-5 record overall when its opponents shoot over 44.9% from the field.
- The Hoosiers’ 34.8% three-point shooting percentage this season is only 1.1 percentage points higher than opponents of the Wildcats have shot from beyond the arc (33.7%).
- Indiana has put together a 5-3-1 record against the spread and a 5-5 straight-up record in games this season when hitting more than 33.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Northwestern has put up a 4-1 against the spread while going 5-3 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 34.8% from deep.
- The Wildcats shoot 36.4% from three-point distance this season. That’s 2.7 percentage points higher than the Hoosiers have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (33.7%).
- Northwestern is 6-1 ATS and 6-3 overall when hitting more than 33.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Indiana has a 6-2 ATS record and a 6-3 straight-up record this season when it connects on more than 36.4% of its three-point attempts.
- The Hoosiers’ 6.3 made three-pointers per game this season is 2.4 fewer made shots on average than the 8.7 per game the Wildcats allow.
- Northwestern has gone 5-0 against the spread and 5-2 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Indiana hits fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 3-4-1 ATS and 4-4 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from