The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (9-6) are underdogs (by 4 points) to continue an eight-game home win streak when they host the No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (13-3) on Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 127.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 10, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Yellow Jackets (+4)
The model and DraftKings both have the Cavaliers taking home the win, but the model has them winning by slightly less (1.8 points). Lean towards taking the Yellow Jackets.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (140.2 points) much higher than the DraftKings over/under (127 points). Bet on the over.
Prediction: Virginia 71, Georgia Tech 69
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Cavaliers have an average implied point total of 68.7 this season, which is 2.7 points higher than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (66).
- Virginia has scored more than its implied point total in this matchup (66) 11 times this season.
- The 74.1-point average implied total on the season for the Yellow Jackets is 12.1 more points than the team’s 62-point implied total in this matchup.
- Georgia Tech will aim to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (62) for the 13th time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Virginia and Georgia Tech Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 4+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Cavaliers have a 49.6% shooting percentage from the field, which is 3.9% higher than the 45.7% of shots the Yellow Jackets’ opponents have made.
- In games when Virginia shoots better than 45.7% from the field, it is 8-4 against the spread and 12-1 overall.
- Georgia Tech is 7-5 overall and 6-6 against the spread when allowing opponents to shoot better than 49.6% from the field.
- The Yellow Jackets have shot at a 46.5% rate from the field this season, 4.7 percentage points higher than the 41.8% shooting opponents of the Cavaliers have averaged.
- Georgia Tech has put together a 9-4 straight up record and a 7-6 record against the spread in games it shoots above 41.8% from the field.
- Virginia is 9-3 against the spread and 12-1 overall in games its opponents shoot above 46.5% from the field.
- The Cavaliers shoot 39.7% from three-point range, 2.8% higher than the 36.9% the Yellow Jackets allow to opponents.
- Virginia is 7-1 overall and 4-3 against the spread when it shoots better than 36.9% from distance.
- Georgia Tech is 3-5 against the spread while putting together a 5-3 straight-up record when its opponents make more than 39.7% of their shots from downtown.
- The Yellow Jackets’ three-point shooting percentage this season (36.8%) is only 2.6 percentage points higher than opponents of the Cavaliers are averaging (34.2%).
- Georgia Tech is 7-1 straight-up and has a 5-3 ATS record when the team hits more than 34.2% of its three-point attempts.
- Virginia has an 8-1 ATS record and a 10-0 straight-up record in games this season when it makes more than 36.8% of its three-point shots.
- When Virginia makes more threes than its opponents, it is 7-2 against the spread and 8-1 overall. When Georgia Tech is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 0-3 ATS and 0-3 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from