The Wake Forest Demon Deacons (5-8) visit the Boston College Eagles (3-11) after losing six road games in a row. The Demon Deacons are favored by just 1 point in the matchup, which starts at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, February 10, 2021. The point total is 144.5 in the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 10, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model leans slightly toward betting on the Eagles in this one. The data favors them while DraftKings has the Demon Deacons favored, but the difference between the two is only 2.7 points.
DraftKings and the model are extremely close in their point total projections for this contest, within 0.0 points of each other.
Prediction: Boston College 73, Wake Forest 71
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Demon Deacons have an average implied point total of 75.3 this season, which is 2.3 points higher than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (73).
- Wake Forest will look to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (73) for the third time this season.
- The Eagles’ average implied point total on the season (76.5 points) is 5.5 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (71 points).
- Boston College has scored more than 71 points six times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Wake Forest and Boston College Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 1+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Demon Deacons have a 42.8% shooting percentage from the field, which is 6.2% lower than the 49% of shots the Eagles’ have hit.
- Wake Forest has gone 2-1 overall and 2-1 against the spread when it shoots higher than 49% from the field.
- Boston College has a 0-0 record against the spread and a 0-0 record overall when its opponents make more than 42.8% of their shots from the field.
- The Eagles’ 43.5% shooting percentage from the field this season is 2.8 percentage points lower than the Demon Deacons have given up to their opponents (46.3%).
- Boston College has compiled a 2-4 straight up record and a 4-2 record against the spread in games it shoots above 46.3% from the field.
- This season, Wake Forest has a 2-0 record against the spread and a 3-0 record overall when its opponents shoot above 43.5% from the field.
- The Demon Deacons are knocking down 35.2% of their three-point shots this season, 1.3% higher than the 33.9% the Eagles allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Wake Forest has assembled a 5-1 record against the spread and a 3-3 straight-up record in games this season when making more than 33.9% of its three-point shots.
- Boston College is 5-3 against the spread while putting up a 3-5 straight-up record when its opponents make more than 35.2% of their shots from three-point distance.
- The Eagles’ three-point shooting percentage this season (34.5%) is just 0.6 percentage points lower than opponents of the Demon Deacons are averaging (35.1%).
- Boston College has a 3-1 ATS record and is 1-3 straight-up when the team hits more than 35.1% of its three-point attempts.
- Wake Forest has a 5-0 ATS record and a 2-4 straight-up record this season in games it has shot better than 34.5% from three-point distance.
- Boston College has gone 5-4 against the spread and 3-7 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Wake Forest hits fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 1-2 ATS and 0-3 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from