The New Orleans Pelicans (10-12) are favored (-4.5) to extend a three-game win streak when they host the Houston Rockets (11-12) at 7:30 PM ET on Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at Smoothie King Center. The matchup airs on TNT. The over/under is set at 220.5 in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of February 9, 2021, 7:07 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Pelicans vs Rockets Betting Odds
Injury Report as of February 9
Josh Hart: Day To Day (Back spasms)
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
Christian Wood: Out (Ankle)
|Spread Pick||Rockets (+4.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (220.5)|
|Prediction||Pelicans 112, Rockets 110|
The model favors the Pelicans by 1.6 points, just 2.9 fewer than the 4.5-point spread set by DraftKings.
In this game, the model projects a total (221.9 points) marginally higher than the DraftKings over/under (220.5 points).
Pelicans Key Players
Pelicans Player Props
- Brandon Ingram’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 21.5, 2.4 points lower than his season average of 23.9.
- Steven Adams’ rebounding prop over/under for the matchup is set at 9.5 rebounds, 0.2 rebounds less than his season average of 9.7.
- Lonzo Ball’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots less than his season average of 2.7.
- Ingram’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.6 blocks lower than his season average of 1.1.
Rockets Key Players
Rockets Player Props
- Christian Wood’s rebounding prop over/under for the game is posted at 8.5 rebounds, 1.7 rebounds lower than his season average of 10.2.
- John Wall’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 30.5, 2.0 greater than his season average of 28.5.
- Victor Oladipo’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots less than his season average of 2.8.
- Wood’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
- This season, the Pelicans have a 47.1% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2.4% higher than the 44.7% of shots the Rockets’ opponents have knocked down.
- New Orleans has a 9-8 record against the spread and an 8-9 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 44.7% from the field.
- Houston has a 10-6 record against the spread and an 11-5 record overall when allowing its opponents to make more than 47.1% of their shots from the field.
- The Rockets have shot at a 45.3% rate from the field this season, 0.5 percentage points fewer than the 45.8% shooting opponents of the Pelicans have averaged.
- Houston has put together a 7-3 record against the spread and a 7-3 straight up record in games it shoots above 45.8% from the field.
- This season, New Orleans has a 6-4 record against the spread and a 7-3 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot greater than 45.3% from the field.
- The Pelicans’ 35.6% three-point shooting percentage this season is just 0.2 percentage points higher than opponents of the Rockets have shot from beyond the arc (35.4%).
- New Orleans is 10-2 against the spread and 9-3 overall when it shoots better than 35.4% from distance.
- Houston is 7-5-1 against the spread while putting up an 8-5 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 35.6% from three-point range.
- The Rockets shoot 35.7% from beyond the arc this season. That’s only 1.8 percentage points lower than the Pelicans have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (37.5%).
- Houston is 6-3 ATS and 6-3 overall when the team hits more than 37.5% of its three-point attempts.
- New Orleans is 7-3 ATS and 8-2 overall in games it shoots above 35.7% from deep.
- The Pelicans’ 11.4 made three-pointers per game this season is 2.9 fewer made shots on average than the 14.3 per game the Rockets allow.
- Houston has gone 8-6-1 against the spread and 9-6 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When New Orleans hits fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 4-12 ATS and 4-12 straight up.
- The Rockets rank seventh in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Pelicans allow the most made threes in the league.
Pelicans vs Rockets Stat Rankings
|Pelicans Rank||Pelicans AVG||Rockets AVG||Rockets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from