The No. 11 Alabama Crimson Tide (15-5) hit the road in SEC action against the South Carolina Gamecocks (5-7) on Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 6:30 PM ET. The Crimson Tide are favored by 6.5 points in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The over/under in the matchup is 155.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 9, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Crimson Tide (-6.5)
The DraftKings line for this game has the Crimson Tide favored by 6.5, while the model predicts they’ll win by considerably more (11.2 points). Put your money on the Crimson Tide.
The model predicts a total 6.7 points lower than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: Alabama 80, South Carolina 69
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Crimson Tide’s average implied point total this season is 1.5 fewer points than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (79.5 implied points on average compared to 81 implied points in this game).
- Alabama has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (81) 12 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Gamecocks (75.8) is 0.8 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (75).
- South Carolina has totaled more than 75 points six times on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Alabama and South Carolina Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 6.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Crimson Tide have a 43.2% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.5% lower than the 44.7% of shots the Gamecocks’ opponents have made.
- Alabama has a 10-0 straight-up record and a 7-2 record against the spread in games it shoots higher than 44.7% from the field.
- South Carolina’s record is 4-1 against the spread and 4-1 overall when its opponents make more than 43.2% of their shots from the field.
- The Gamecocks have shot at a 42.5% rate from the field this season, -2.5 percentage points below the 40% shooting opponents of the Crimson Tide have averaged.
- South Carolina is 5-4 against the spread and 5-4 overall when it shoots higher than 40% from the field.
- Alabama is 10-1 against the spread and 11-1 overall in games its opponents shoot greater than 42.5% from the field.
- The Crimson Tide are hitting 35.4% of their three-point shots this season, 1.4% higher than the 34% the Gamecocks allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Alabama has put together a 7-2 record against the spread and a 9-1 straight-up record in games this season when the team makes more than 34% of its three-point shots.
- South Carolina is 4-1 overall and 4-1 against the spread when its opponents shoot higher than 35.4% from deep.
- The Gamecocks are knocking down 31.7% of their shots from three-point distance, which is -2 percentage points fewer than the 29.7% the Crimson Tide’s are averaging on the season.
- South Carolina is 3-3 overall and 3-3 against the spread when it shoots better than 29.7% as a team from three-point distance.
- Alabama has a 7-4-1 ATS record and a 10-3 straight-up record this season when it hits more than 31.7% of its three-point attempts.
- The Crimson Tide connect on 10.5 three-pointers per game this season, 3.1 more makes per game than the Gamecocks give up (7.4).
- The Crimson Tide are 8-4-1 against the spread and 11-3 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Gamecocks are 1-4 ATS and 1-4 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from