The Syracuse Orange (10-6) visit the NC State Wolf Pack (8-7) after losing four straight road games. The Wolf Pack are favored by just 2 points in the contest, which starts at 6:30 PM ET on Tuesday, February 9, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of 148 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 9, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The spread for this game suggested by the model (1.4 points) is slightly less than the 2-point edge DraftKings gives to the Wolf Pack, though the data still has them as the favorite.
In this game, the model projects a total (146.5 points) slightly lower than the DraftKings over/under (148 points).
Prediction: NC State 74, Syracuse 73
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Wolf Pack have an average implied point total of 77.1 this season, which is 2.1 points higher than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (75).
- NC State has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (75) seven times.
- The Orange’s average implied point total on the season (76.5 points) is 3.5 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (73 points).
- Syracuse has put up more than 73 points in 11 games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
NC State and Syracuse Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 2+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Wolf Pack have a 46.9% shooting percentage from the field, which is 6% higher than the 40.9% of shots the Orange’s opponents have knocked down.
- NC State has compiled a 6-6-1 record against the spread and an 8-5 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 40.9% from the field.
- Syracuse has put up a 3-7 record against the spread and a 9-3 record overall when its opponents hit more than 46.9% of their shots from the field.
- The Orange are shooting 43.9% from the field, -2.3% higher than the 46.2% the Wolf Pack’s opponents have shot this season.
- Syracuse is 4-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall when it shoots better than 46.2% from the field.
- When opponents of NC State shoot over 43.9% from the field, it is 3-2 against the spread and 5-0 overall.
- The Wolf Pack are making 36.1% of their three-point shots this season, 6.2% higher than the 29.9% the Orange allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- NC State has a 5-4-1 record against the spread and a 6-4 record overall when the team makes more than 29.9% of its attempts from three-point range.
- Syracuse is 3-7 against the spread and 9-3 overall when its opponents make more than 36.1% of their shots from deep.
- The Orange’s three-point shooting percentage this season (31.3%) is just 3.2 percentage points lower than opponents of the Wolf Pack are averaging (34.5%).
- Syracuse is 2-3 ATS and 5-1 overall when hitting more than 34.5% of its three-point attempts.
- NC State is 3-1-1 ATS and 4-1 overall in games it shoots over 31.3% from deep.
- Syracuse has gone 2-3 against the spread and 4-2 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When NC State hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 2-5-1 ATS and 3-5 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from