The Auburn Tigers (10-10) will attempt to stop a three-game losing streak when they visit the Vanderbilt Commodores (5-9) on Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at Memorial Gymnasium (Vandy) as 5-point favorites. The game airs at 8:30 PM ET on SECN. The matchup has a point total of 156.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 9, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The line for this game set by DraftKings and the model’s prediction are essentially the same (within 0.4 points of each other).
In this matchup, the model projects a total (151.7 points) a little lower than the DraftKings over/under (156.5 points).
Prediction: Auburn 79, Vanderbilt 73
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Tigers’ average implied point total this season is 3.3 fewer points than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (77.7 implied points on average compared to 81 implied points in this game).
- Auburn has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (81) nine times this season.
- The 77.9-point average implied total on the season for the Commodores is 1.9 more points than the team’s 76-point implied total in this matchup.
- This season, Vanderbilt has scored more than this game’s implied total of 76 points five times.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Auburn and Vanderbilt Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Tigers make 45.3% of their shots from the field this season, which is 3.4 percentage points lower than the Commodores have allowed to their opponents (48.7%).
- Auburn is 3-1 against the spread and 4-1 overall in games when it shoots higher than 48.7% from the field.
- Vanderbilt is 4-2 overall and 3-2-1 against the spread when allowing opponents to shoot better than 45.3% from the field.
- The Commodores have shot at a 43.5% clip from the field this season, zero percentage points fewer than the 43.5% shooting opponents of the Tigers have averaged.
- Vanderbilt is 3-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall when shooting higher than 43.5% from the field.
- This season, Auburn has an 8-3 straight up record and a 7-2-2 record against the spread when it allows opponents to shoot over 43.5% from the field.
- The Tigers are knocking down 33.1% of their three-point shots this season, 3.4% lower than the 36.5% the Commodores allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Auburn has put together a 1-2-1 record against the spread and a 3-2 straight-up record in games this season when the team makes more than 36.5% of its three-point shots.
- Vanderbilt is 2-1-1 against the spread and 4-0 overall when its opponents make more than 33.1% of their shots from deep.
- The Commodores are knocking down 34.9% of their shots from three-point range, which is only four percentage points greater than the 30.9% the Tigers’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Vanderbilt has a 6-2-1 ATS record and is 3-6 straight-up in games when the team hits better than 30.9% of its three-point attempts.
- Auburn is 5-6-2 ATS and 7-8 overall in games when shooting over 34.9% from deep.
- Vanderbilt has gone 6-3 against the spread and 4-5 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Auburn makes fewer threes than its opponents, it is 2-1-1 ATS and 2-2 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from