The Saint John’s (NY) Red Storm (13-7) will try to build on a six-game winning streak when they hit the road to take on the Butler Bulldogs (6-10) on Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at Hinkle Fieldhouse as only 2.5-point underdogs. The game airs at 9:00 PM ET on FS1. The point total is set at 140 in the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 9, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Examining the Over/Under
- The Bulldogs have an average implied point total of 68.9 this season, which is 2.1 points lower than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (71).
- Butler will aim to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (71) for just the second time this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Red Storm (78.4) is 9.4 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (69).
- This season, Saint John’s (NY) has scored more than this game’s implied total of 69 points 17 times.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Butler and Saint John’s (NY) Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 2.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Bulldogs make 41.3% of their shots from the field this season, which is 5.1 percentage points lower than the Red Storm have allowed to their opponents (46.4%).
- Butler has put together a 1-2 record against the spread and a 1-2 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 46.4% from the field.
- Saint John’s (NY) is 4-1 overall and 4-1 against the spread when allowing opponents to shoot better than 41.3% from the field.
- The Red Storm have shot at a 45.7% clip from the field this season, 0.7 percentage points below the 46.4% shooting opponents of the Bulldogs have averaged.
- Saint John’s (NY) is 6-1 against the spread and 7-1 overall when it shoots higher than 46.4% from the field.
- Butler is 4-2 against the spread and 4-2 overall in games its opponents shoot over 45.7% from the field.
- The Bulldogs’ 34.3% three-point shooting percentage this season is just 1.4 percentage points lower than opponents of the Red Storm have shot from beyond the arc (35.7%).
- Butler is 2-5 overall and 3-2-1 against the spread when it shoots better than 35.7% from distance.
- Saint John’s (NY) is 7-1 against the spread while putting up a 7-2 straight-up record when its opponents make more than 34.3% of their shots from beyond the arc.
- The Red Storm shoot 36.2% from three-point distance this season. That’s only 0.9 percentage points lower than the Bulldogs have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (37.1%).
- Saint John’s (NY)’s record is 7-2 ATS and 6-3 overall when the team makes more than 37.1% of its three-point attempts.
- Butler has a 4-1 ATS record and a 4-2 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 36.2% from distance.
- The Red Storm are 9-1 against the spread and 8-2 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Bulldogs are 1-6 ATS and 2-5 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from