The Iowa State Cyclones (2-11) are expected to continue a seven-game losing streak when they visit the TCU Horned Frogs (10-7) as 6-point underdogs at 9:00 PM ET on Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at Ed and Rae Schollmaier Arena. The contest airs on ESPNU. The matchup’s over/under is 142.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 9, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Horned Frogs (-6)
The DraftKings line for this game has the Horned Frogs favored by six, while the model predicts they’ll win by slightly more (8.9 points).
DraftKings and the model are extremely close in their point total projections for this game, within 0.1 points of each other.
Prediction: TCU 76, Iowa State 67
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Horned Frogs’ average implied point total this season is two fewer points than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (72 implied points on average compared to 74 implied points in this game).
- So far this season, TCU has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (74) six times.
- The 77.8-point average implied total on the season for the Cyclones is 9.8 more points than the team’s 68-point implied total in this matchup.
- This season, Iowa State has scored more than this game’s implied total of 68 points six times.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
TCU and Iowa State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 6+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Horned Frogs are shooting 45.6% from the field this season, 1.4 percentage points lower than the 47% the Cyclones allow to opponents.
- In games TCU shoots higher than 47% from the field, it is 4-2 against the spread and 4-2 overall.
- Iowa State is 2-5 overall and 3-4 against the spread when allowing its opponents to shoot better than 45.6% from the field.
- The Cyclones are shooting 43.9% from the field, 0.8% lower than the 44.7% the Horned Frogs’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Iowa State has a 4-4 record against the spread and a 2-6 record overall in games the team shoots over 44.7% collectively from the field.
- TCU is 4-3 against the spread and 7-1 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot greater than 43.9% from the field.
- The Horned Frogs shoot 35.3% from three-point range, 4.5% higher than the 30.8% the Cyclones allow to opponents.
- TCU has a 7-4 record against the spread and a 5-6 record overall when the team connects on more than 30.8% of its shots from three-point distance.
- Iowa State has put together a 4-3 against the spread while going 2-5 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 35.3% from downtown.
- The Cyclones three-point shooting percentage this season (34.2%) is 2.3 percentage points higher than opponents of the Horned Frogs are averaging (31.9%).
- Iowa State has a 4-3 ATS record and is 1-6 straight-up in games when the team makes better than 31.9% of its three-point attempts.
- TCU has a 6-4 ATS record and an 8-3 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 34.2% from deep.
- Iowa State has gone 4-5 against the spread and 2-7 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When TCU makes fewer threes than its opponents, it is 3-4 ATS and 4-3 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from