The No. 7 Texas Tech Red Raiders (14-5) will look to extend a three-game win streak when they host the No. 14 West Virginia Mountaineers (13-5) on Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at United Supermarkets Arena as 5-point favorites. The game airs at 9:00 PM ET on ESPN. The over/under in the matchup is set at 139.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 9, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model favors the Red Raiders by 2.2 points, just 2.8 fewer than the 5-point spread set by DraftKings.
The model predicts a total 2.3 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Prediction: Texas Tech 72, West Virginia 70
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Red Raiders have an average implied point total of 74.1 this season, which is 2.1 points higher than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (72).
- Texas Tech has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (72) 13 times.
- The Mountaineers’ average implied point total on the season (75.2 points) is 8.2 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (67 points).
- West Virginia is trying to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (67) for the 16th time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Texas Tech and West Virginia Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Red Raiders make 43.6% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.3 percentage points higher than the Mountaineers have allowed to their opponents (43.3%).
- In games Texas Tech shoots higher than 43.3% from the field, it is 3-5 against the spread and 8-1 overall.
- West Virginia has a 5-4 record against the spread and an 8-1 record overall when allowing its opponents to make more than 43.6% of their shots from the field.
- The Mountaineers have shot at a 42.9% rate from the field this season, 2.6 percentage points greater than the 40.3% shooting opponents of the Red Raiders have averaged.
- West Virginia is 10-2 overall and 8-4 against the spread when it hits more than 40.3% of its attempts from the field.
- When Texas Tech’s opponents hit better than 42.9% from the field, it is 4-7 against the spread and 9-3 overall.
- The Red Raiders shoot 34.2% from three-point range, 3% higher than the 31.2% the Mountaineers allow to opponents.
- Texas Tech is 5-4 against the spread and 8-2 overall when it shoots better than 31.2% from deep.
- West Virginia is 7-4 against the spread and 8-3 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 34.2% from deep.
- The Mountaineers three-point shooting percentage this season (37%) is two percentage points higher than opponents of the Red Raiders are averaging (35%).
- West Virginia is 7-4 against the spread and 9-2 overall when it shoots above 35% as a team from deep.
- Texas Tech is 9-2 overall and 4-6 ATS in games it shoots above 37% from deep.
- West Virginia has gone 8-3 against the spread and 8-3 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Texas Tech hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 2-8 ATS and 7-3 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from