The Houston Rockets (11-11) play the Charlotte Hornets (11-13) as only 1.5-point favorites on Monday, February 8, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET on NBA TV. The matchup has an over/under of 220.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of February 8, 2021, 7:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Rockets vs Hornets Betting Odds
Injury Report as of February 8
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
Christian Wood: Out (Ankle)
Devonte’ Graham: Day To Day (Groin)
|Spread Pick||Hornets (+1.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (220.5)|
|Prediction||Rockets 111, Hornets 110|
The model and DraftKings both have the Rockets taking home the win, but the model has them winning by slightly less (0.9 points). Lean towards taking the Hornets.
The model’s predicted total (220.9 points) and the DraftKings set total (220.5 points) are virtually the same for this contest.
Rockets Key Players
Rockets Player Props
- Christian Wood’s rebounding prop over/under for the game is set at 10.5 boards, 0.3 rebounds greater than his season average of 10.2.
- John Wall’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 30.5, 2.0 greater than his season average of 28.5.
- Victor Oladipo’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots less than his season average of 2.8.
- Oladipo’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.3 steals less than his season average of 1.8.
Hornets Key Players
Hornets Player Props
- Gordon Hayward’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 28.5, 3.8 lower than his season average of 32.3.
- LaMelo Ball’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 21.5, 4.4 lower than his season average of 25.9.
- Terry Rozier’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.7 shots lower than his season average of 3.2.
- Ball’s steals prop total for the game is set at 0.5, 1.0 steal less than his season average of 1.5.
- The Rockets make 45.5% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.7 percentage points lower than the Hornets have allowed to their opponents (46.2%).
- Houston has a 7-3 record against the spread and a 7-3 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 46.2% from the field.
- Charlotte’s record is 8-2 against the spread and 7-4 overall when its opponents make more than 45.5% of their shots from the field.
- The Hornets have shot at a 45.1% rate from the field this season, 0.6 percentage points greater than the 44.5% shooting opponents of the Rockets have averaged.
- Charlotte has compiled a 10-4 record against the spread and a 9-5 straight up record in games it shoots above 44.5% from the field.
- This season, Houston has an 8-4 record against the spread and a 9-3 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot over 45.1% from the field.
- The Rockets’ 36.2% three-point shooting percentage this season is just 0.5 percentage points lower than opponents of the Hornets have shot from beyond the arc (36.7%).
- Houston has a 6-3 record against the spread and a 6-3 record overall when the team makes more than 36.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Charlotte has put up a 6-5 against the spread while going 7-5 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 36.2% from deep.
- The Hornets’ three-point shooting percentage this season (37.4%) is only 2.6 percentage points higher than opponents of the Rockets are averaging (34.8%).
- Charlotte is 10-4 ATS and 9-6 overall when the team hits more than 34.8% of its three-point attempts.
- Houston is 7-5-1 ATS and 8-5 overall in games it shoots over 37.4% from deep.
- The Rockets make 14.4 three-pointers per game this season, only 0.8 more makes per game than the Hornets allow 13.6.
- Houston is 8-6-1 against the spread and 9-6 overall when it hit more three-pointers than its opponents, while Charlotte is 4-7 ATS and 2-9 straight up in games when it is out-shot from the three-point line.
- The Hornets are the ninth-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Rockets give up the fifth-fewest makes from deep.
Rockets vs Hornets Stat Rankings
|Rockets Rank||Rockets AVG||Hornets AVG||Hornets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from