The Colorado Buffaloes (14-5) host the Oregon State Beavers (10-7) in a matchup of Pac-12 teams at CU Events Center, starting at 7:00 PM ET on Monday, February 8, 2021. The Beavers are 12.5-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The over/under in the matchup is 138.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 8, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The spread for this game suggested by the model (11.2 points) is a little tighter than the 12.5-point edge DraftKings gives to the Buffaloes, though the data still has them as the favorite.
The model predicts a total 1.6 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Prediction: Colorado 76, Oregon State 64
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Buffaloes have an average implied point total of 73.9 this season, which is 2.1 points lower than their implied total in Monday’s game (76).
- Colorado has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (76) 10 times this season.
- The Beavers’ average implied point total on the season (73.1 points) is 10.1 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (63 points).
- Oregon State will look to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (63) for the 13th time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Colorado and Oregon State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 12.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Buffaloes have a 45.6% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2.8% higher than the 42.8% of shots the Beavers’ opponents have knocked down.
- Colorado is 7-6-1 against the spread and 10-4 overall when it shoots better than 42.8% from the field.
- Oregon State is 6-3-1 against the spread and 8-3 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 45.6% from the field.
- The Beavers are shooting 42.9% from the field, 0.4% higher than the 42.5% the Buffaloes’ opponents have shot this season.
- Oregon State has put together a 6-0-1 record against the spread and a 7-1 straight up record in games it shoots above 42.5% from the field.
- When opponents of Colorado shoot over 42.9% from the field, it is 8-2 against the spread and 9-1 overall.
- The Buffaloes’ 37.7% three-point shooting percentage this season is 8.1 percentage points higher than opponents of the Beavers have shot from beyond the arc (29.6%).
- Colorado has put together an 11-2 straight-up record and an 8-4-1 record against the spread in games when the team hits more than 29.6% of its three-point attempts this season.
- Oregon State is 8-4-1 against the spread while putting up a 10-4 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 37.7% from downtown.
- The Beavers shoot 36.3% from beyond the arc this season. That’s 2.3 percentage points higher than the Buffaloes have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (34%).
- Oregon State has a 6-3-1 ATS record and has gone 8-3 straight-up when making more than 34% of its three-point attempts.
- Colorado has an 8-1 straight-up record and a 6-2-1 ATS record when it has shot better than 36.3% from three-point distance.
- The Buffaloes are 6-5-1 against the spread and 9-3 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Beavers are 3-2-1 ATS and 4-2 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from