The No. 23 Kansas Jayhawks (12-7) host the Oklahoma State Cowboys (12-5) after winning three straight home games. The Jayhawks are favored by 4.5 points in the contest, which starts at 9:00 PM ET on Monday, February 8, 2021. The point total in the matchup is 140.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 8, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The spread for this game suggested by the model (3.5 points) is a little tighter than the 4.5-point edge DraftKings gives to the Jayhawks, though the data still has them as the favorite.
In this game, the model projects a total (145.3 points) a little higher than the DraftKings over/under (140.5 points).
Prediction: Kansas 74, Oklahoma State 71
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Jayhawks have an average implied point total of 75.2 this season, which is 2.2 points higher than their implied total in Monday’s game (73).
- Kansas has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (73) nine times this season.
- The Cowboys’ average implied point total on the season (76.1 points) is 8.1 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (68 points).
- Oklahoma State will try to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (68) for the 15th time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Kansas and Oklahoma State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 4.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Jayhawks are shooting 44.3% from the field this season, 4.1 percentage points higher than the 40.2% the Cowboys allow to opponents.
- Kansas is 6-6-1 against the spread and 9-5 overall when it shoots higher than 40.2% from the field.
- Oklahoma State’s record is 10-2 overall and 7-4-1 against the spread when its opponents make more than 44.3% of their shots from the field.
- The Cowboys’ 46.3% shooting percentage from the field this season is 4.1 percentage points higher than the Jayhawks have given up to their opponents (42.2%).
- Oklahoma State has put together a 7-6 record against the spread and a 9-4 straight up record in games it shoots above 42.2% from the field.
- Kansas is 7-5 against the spread and 11-2 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot above 46.3% from the field.
- The Jayhawks are hitting 35.3% of their three-point shots this season, 4.2% higher than the 31.1% the Cowboys allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Kansas has a 5-4-1 record against the spread and a 7-4 record overall when the team knocks down more than 31.1% of its shots from three-point range.
- Oklahoma State has gone 9-1 overall and has an 8-1-1 record against the spread in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 35.3% from downtown.
- The Cowboys three-point shooting percentage this season (34.4%) is -1.2 percentage points higher than opponents of the Jayhawks are averaging (35.6%).
- Oklahoma State is 7-3 against the spread and 8-2 overall when it shoots over 35.6% as a team from deep.
- Kansas has a 4-4 ATS record and a 7-1 straight-up record this season when it makes more than 34.4% of its three-point shots.
- The Jayhawks’ 7.8 made three-pointers per game this season is 1.4 more made shots on average than the 6.4 per game the Cowboys give up.
- Kansas has gone 4-2-1 against the spread and 6-2 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Oklahoma State hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 3-5 ATS and 4-4 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from