The No. 7 Ohio State Buckeyes (15-4) are favored (-3.5) to extend a four-game win streak when they visit the Maryland Terrapins (9-9) at 9:00 PM ET on Monday, February 8, 2021 at XFINITY Center. The matchup airs on FS1. The matchup’s point total is set at 138.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 8, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model and DraftKings both have the Buckeyes taking home the win, but the model has them winning by slightly less (0.9 points). Lean towards taking the Terrapins.
In this game, the model projects a total (140.4 points) slightly higher than the DraftKings over/under (138.5 points).
Prediction: Ohio State 71, Maryland 70
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Buckeyes this season is 75.4 points, 4.4 more points than their implied total of 71 points in Monday’s game.
- Ohio State has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (71) 14 times.
- The 72.9-point average implied total on the season for the Terrapins is 4.9 more points than the team’s 68-point implied total in this matchup.
- Maryland will attempt to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (68) for the eighth time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Ohio State and Maryland Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 3.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Buckeyes make 45.6% of their shots from the field this season, which is 2.8 percentage points higher than the Terrapins have allowed to their opponents (42.8%).
- Ohio State is 9-3 against the spread and 13-1 overall in games when it shoots better than 42.8% from the field.
- Maryland is 9-5 overall and 6-7 against the spread when allowing its opponents to shoot better than 45.6% from the field.
- The Terrapins are shooting 44.9% from the field, 3.5% higher than the 41.4% the Buckeyes’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Maryland has put up a 5-5 record against the spread and an 8-3 record overall in games the team shoots over 41.4% collectively from the field.
- When Ohio State’s opponents shoot over 44.9% from the field, it is 8-4 against the spread and 13-1 overall.
- The Buckeyes’ 35.1% three-point shooting percentage this season is just 0.4 percentage points higher than opponents of the Terrapins have shot from beyond the arc (34.7%).
- Ohio State has assembled a 6-2 record against the spread and an 8-1 straight-up record in games this season when hitting more than 34.7% of its three-point shots.
- Maryland has compiled a 4-4 against the spread while going 6-3 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 35.1% from downtown.
- The Terrapins shoot 34.4% from three-point distance this season. That’s only 1.1 percentage points higher than the Buckeyes have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (33.3%).
- Maryland is 8-4 straight-up and has a 6-5 ATS record when the team hits more than 33.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Ohio State has a 6-2 ATS record and a 7-2 straight-up record in games this season when it hits more than 34.4% of its three-point shots.
- Ohio State is 6-1 against the spread and 7-1 overall when it makes more threes than its opponents, while Maryland is 1-7 ATS and 3-6 straight up in games when it is out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from