Luka Doncic leads the Dallas Mavericks (10-14) into a matchup with the Minnesota Timberwolves (6-17) after scoring 42 points in a 134-132 win over the Warriors. The Timberwolves are 9-point underdogs in the game on Monday, February 8, 2021, which starts at 8:30 PM ET on FS-SW. The over/under is 222.5 in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from FanDuel sportsbook as of February 8, 2021, 1:07 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Mavericks vs Timberwolves Betting Odds
Injury Report as of February 8
James Johnson: Day To Day (Knee)
Karl-Anthony Towns: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Jarrett Culver: Out (Left Ankle),
Juancho Hernangomez: Day To Day (Conditioning),
D’Angelo Russell: Day To Day (Right Quad)
|Spread Pick||Mavericks (-9)|
|Total Pick||Over (222.5)|
|Prediction||Mavericks 116, Timberwolves 106|
The model projects the Mavericks to win, just as FanDuel does, but the model favors them by a small margin more (9.9 to 9).
FanDuel and the model are extremely close in their point total projections for this game, within 0.4 points of each other.
Mavericks Key Players
|Tim Hardaway Jr.||23||17.0||3.6||1.8||0.7||0.2||3.1|
Mavericks Player Props
- Doncic’s assists prop over/under for the game is listed at 8.5 assists, 1.0 lower than his season average of 9.5.
- Tim Hardaway Jr.’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 0.4 shots greater than his season average of 3.1.
- Kristaps Porzingis’ blocks prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
Timberwolves Key Players
Timberwolves Player Props
- Malik Beasley’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 26.5, 1.0 less than his season average of 27.5.
- Jarred Vanderbilt’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 7.5, 6.9 less than his season average of 14.4.
- D’Angelo Russell’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 0.5 shots higher than his season average of 3.0.
- Naz Reid’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.2 blocks higher than his season average of 1.3.
- The Mavericks are shooting 45.6% from the field this season, 1.8 percentage points lower than the 47.4% the Timberwolves allow to opponents.
- Dallas is 6-3 against the spread and 6-3 overall when it shoots higher than 47.4% from the field.
- Minnesota has a 6-1 record against the spread and a 2-5 record overall when allowing its opponents to hit more than 45.6% of their shots from the field.
- The Timberwolves’ 43.8% shooting percentage from the field this season is three percentage points lower than the Mavericks have given up to their opponents (46.8%).
- Minnesota is 1-2-1 against the spread and 0-4 overall when it shoots higher than 46.8% from the field.
- Dallas is 5-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot higher than 43.8% from the field.
- The Mavericks are hitting 33.8% of their three-point shots this season, 3.6% lower than the 37.4% the Timberwolves allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Dallas is 3-3 against the spread and 4-2 overall when it shoots better than 37.4% from distance.
- Minnesota is 9-1 against the spread while putting up a 5-5 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 33.8% from beyond the arc.
- The Timberwolves are making 34.3% of their shots from three-point range, which is 2.5 percentage points fewer than the 36.8% the Mavericks’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Minnesota has a 6-2 ATS record and is 3-5 straight-up when the team makes more than 36.8% of its three-point attempts.
- Dallas has a 6-1 ATS record and a 6-1 straight-up record this season when it knocks down more than 34.3% of its three-point shots.
- The Mavericks’ 12.5 made three-pointers per game this season are only 0.6 more made shots on average than the 11.9 per game the Timberwolves allow.
- When Dallas makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 7-2 against the spread and 8-1 overall. When Minnesota is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 0-8 ATS and 0-8 straight up.
- The Timberwolves make the 22nd-most three-pointers in the league, while the Mavericks give up the 19th-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Mavericks vs Timberwolves Stat Rankings
|Mavericks Rank||Mavericks AVG||Timberwolves AVG||Timberwolves Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from