The Boston Celtics (12-9) visit the Phoenix Suns (12-9) as 3-point underdogs after Jayson Tatum went off for 34 points in the Celtics’ 119-115 victory over the Clippers. The game airs on NBA TV at 2:00 PM ET on Sunday, February 7, 2021. The over/under is 217.5 in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of February 7, 2021, 7:07 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Suns vs Celtics Betting Odds
Injury Report as of February 7
Dario Saric: Out (Ankle),
Cameron Payne: Out (Foot),
Abdel Nader: Day To Day (Ankle),
Jae Crowder: Day To Day (Right Foot)
Marcus Smart: Out (Calf),
Romeo Langford: Out (Right wrist),
Jaylen Brown: Out (Knee)
|Spread Pick||Suns (-3)|
|Total Pick||Over (217.5)|
|Prediction||Suns 112, Celtics 108|
Both DraftKings and the model expect the Suns to walk away with the win, but the model spread (4.1) is 1.1 points further in their direction.
The DraftKings point total for this game is just 2.0 points lower than the model projection.
Suns Key Players
Suns Player Props
- Devin Booker’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 24.5, 1.4 points greater than his season average of 23.1.
- Deandre Ayton’s rebounding prop over/under for the game is listed at 11.5 boards, 1.2 rebounds lower than his season average of 12.7.
- Jae Crowder’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots greater than his season average of 2.4.
- Chris Paul’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 steals higher than his season average of 1.2.
Celtics Key Players
Celtics Player Props
- Tatum’s points prop total for the contest is set at 26.5, 0.8 points less than his season average of 27.3.
- Marcus Smart’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 20.5, 1.4 lower than his season average of 21.9.
- Tatum’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.3 shots greater than his season average of 3.2.
- Smart’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 steals lower than his season average of 1.8.
- The Suns are shooting 46.2% from the field this season, 0.7 percentage points lower than the 46.9% the Celtics allow to opponents.
- Phoenix is 7-2-1 against the spread and 8-2 overall when it shoots higher than 46.9% from the field.
- Boston has a 7-3 record against the spread and a 6-4 record overall when allowing its opponents to make more than 46.2% of their shots from the field.
- The Celtics have shot at a 47.2% rate from the field this season, 1.5 percentage points higher than the 45.7% shooting opponents of the Suns have averaged.
- This season, Boston has an 11-4 record against the spread and an 11-4 record overall in games the team collectively shoots over 45.7% from the field.
- Phoenix is 6-4-1 against the spread and 7-4 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot higher than 47.2% from the field.
- The Suns are hitting 35.5% of their three-point shots this season, 0.9% lower than the 36.4% the Celtics allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Phoenix has put together a 10-2 record against the spread and a 10-2 straight-up record in games this season when the team connects on more than 36.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Boston is 5-5 against the spread and 4-6 overall when its opponents shoot better than 35.5% from deep.
- The Celtics are knocking down 37.8% of their shots from three-point distance, which is only three percentage points greater than the 34.8% the Suns’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Boston is 10-4 ATS and 11-3 overall when the team makes more than 34.8% of its three-point attempts.
- Phoenix is 7-3-1 ATS and 8-3 overall in games it shoots above 37.8% from deep.
- The Suns hit 13.2 three-pointers per game this season, 1.1 more makes per game than the Celtics allow (12.1).
- Phoenix has gone 10-5 against the spread and 10-5 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Boston makes fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 5-5 ATS and 5-5 straight up.
- The Suns rank 11th in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Celtics allow the seventh-fewest made threes in the league.
Suns vs Celtics Stat Rankings
|Suns Rank||Suns AVG||Celtics AVG||Celtics Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from