The Green Bay Packers (8-8) will aim to extend their four-game winning run when they battle the Detroit Lions (8-8) in Week 18. The Lions, on the moneyline to win, and the Packers, listed at on the spread, kick things off on January 8, 2023 at 8:20 PM ET on NBC. The game’s total is currently listed at .
This article references betting data as of January 8, 2023 at 7:48 PM ET. See all the current odds for this matchup in the table in this article and click here to claim your free sports bet (up to $1,001) at Caesars!
Packers Vs Lions Odds
|ATS pick||Over/Under pick|
|Lions (+4.5)||Under (49)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Rankings
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||22.1 (14)||27.1 (4)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||21.9 (16)||25.7 (28)|
|Off. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.5 (13)||5.9 (6)|
|Def. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.8 (26)||6.3 (32)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||20 (11)||15 (1)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||24 (6)||20 (16)|
Packers Betting Insights
- The Packers’ record against the spread is 8-8-0.
- Green Bay has won twice ATS (2-3) as a 4.5-point or bigger favorite this year.
- This year, eight of the Packers’ 16 games have gone over the point total.
- Five times so far this year, the Packers and their opponent have combined to score more than 49 points.
- The over/under for this game is 49 points, 4.7 more than the average point total for Green Bay games this season.
Lions Betting Insights
- The Lions have beaten the spread 11 times in 16 games.
- Detroit has an ATS record of 3-1 as 4.5-point underdogs or greater.
- The Lions have played 16 games this year, and 10 of them have gone over the total.
- Detroit games have gone over 49 points on 12 occasions this year.
- The average total points scored in Lions games this year (49) is 0.1 points higher than the total for this matchup.
Packers Players to Watch
- Aaron Rodgers has recorded 3,490 yards (218.1 ypg) on 333-of-515 passing with 25 touchdowns compared to 11 interceptions this season.
- Aaron Jones has 1,073 rushing yards on 201 carries with two touchdowns. He’s also tacked on 56 catches for 375 yards (23.4 per game) and five touchdowns via the passing game.
- A.J. Dillon has carried the ball 177 times for 737 yards (46.1 per game) and seven touchdowns.
- Allen Lazard’s team-leading 747 yards as a receiver have come on 56 receptions (out of 94 targets) with five touchdowns.
- Christian Watson has hauled in 36 receptions totaling 507 yards, finding the end zone seven times as a receiver so far this campaign.
- Robert Tonyan has been the target of 64 passes and hauled in 50 receptions for 441 yards, an average of 27.6 yards per contest. He’s found the end zone two times through the air this season.
- Preston Smith has racked up 8.5 sacks to lead the team, while also recording 9.0 TFL and 58 tackles.
- Quay Walker, Green Bay’s leading tackler, has 114 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks this year.
- Jaire Alexander leads the team with five interceptions, while also recording 54 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 14 passes defended.
Lions Players to Watch
- Jared Goff has racked up 4,214 yards (263.4 ypg) while completing 64.9% of his passes and collecting 29 touchdown passes with seven interceptions this season.
- Jamaal Williams has rushed for 994 yards on 246 carries so far this year while scoring 15 times on the ground.
- D’Andre Swift has racked up 517 yards (on 93 attempts) with five touchdowns, while also catching 41 passes for 328 yards and three touchdowns.
- Amon-Ra St. Brown paces his squad with 1,112 receiving yards on 100 catches with six touchdowns.
- Kalif Raymond has 43 receptions (on 58 targets) for a total of 550 yards (34.4 yards per game) this year.
- D.J. Chark has racked up 488 reciving yards (48.8 ypg) and three touchdowns this season.
- James Houston IV has collected 8.0 sacks to lead the team, while also picking up 7.0 TFL and nine tackles.
- Detroit’s top-tackler, Alex Anzalone, has 115 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one interception this year.
- Kerby Joseph has a team-high three interceptions to go along with 68 tackles and six passes defended.
Best Betting Sites For Packers vs Lions
Powered By Data Skrive using data from