The Indiana Hoosiers (9-8) are underdogs (by 3.5 points) to break a three-game home losing streak when they host the No. 8 Iowa Hawkeyes (13-5) on Sunday, February 7, 2021 at 12:00 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 152.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 7, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model favors the Hawkeyes by 2.9 points, just 0.6 fewer than the 3.5-point spread set by DraftKings.
DraftKings and the model are extremely close in their point total projections for this game, within 0.8 points of each other.
Prediction: Iowa 78, Indiana 75
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Hawkeyes have an average implied point total of 84.3 this season, which is 6.3 points higher than their implied total in Sunday’s game (78).
- Iowa has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (78) 14 times.
- The 73.2-point average implied total on the season for the Hoosiers is 0.8 fewer points than the team’s 74-point implied total in this matchup.
- Indiana has put up more than 74 points seven times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Iowa and Indiana Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 3.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Hawkeyes are shooting 48% from the field this season, 6.2 percentage points higher than the 41.8% the Hoosiers allow to opponents.
- In games when Iowa shoots higher than 41.8% from the field, it is 9-5 against the spread and 13-3 overall.
- Indiana’s record is 9-5 overall and 9-4-1 against the spread when its opponents make more than 48% of their shots from the field.
- The Hoosiers’ 45.8% shooting percentage from the field this season is 3.4 percentage points higher than the Hawkeyes have given up to their opponents (42.4%).
- This season, Indiana has put together a 7-3-1 record against the spread and an 8-4 record overall in games the team shoots above 42.4% collectively from the field.
- When opponents of Iowa shoot over 45.8% from the field, it is 8-3 against the spread and 12-1 overall.
- The Hawkeyes shoot 38.5% from three-point range, 5.1% higher than the 33.4% the Hoosiers allow to opponents.
- Iowa is 8-3 against the spread and 11-2 overall when it shoots better than 33.4% from distance.
- Indiana is 6-4 against the spread while putting together a 6-5 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 38.5% from downtown.
- The Hoosiers three-point shooting percentage this season (35.4%) is -0.6 percentage points higher than opponents of the Hawkeyes are averaging (36%).
- Indiana is 4-5 straight-up and has a 4-3-1 ATS record when the team makes more than 36% of its three-point attempts.
- Iowa has a 6-1 ATS record and an 8-0 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 35.4% from three-point distance.
- The Hawkeyes make 10 three-pointers per game this season, 3.7 more makes per game than the Hoosiers allow (6.3).
- Iowa has gone 6-2 against the spread and 8-1 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Indiana hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 2-4-1 ATS and 3-4 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from