The No. 3 Villanova Wildcats (11-2) are heavily favored (by 13.5 points) to build on a four-game home winning streak when they host the Georgetown Hoyas (5-8) on Sunday, February 7, 2021 at 2:30 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 143 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 7, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model favors the Wildcats by 10.6 points, just 2.9 less than the 13.5-point spread set by DraftKings.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (145.8 points) marginally higher than the DraftKings over/under (143 points).
Prediction: Villanova 78, Georgetown 68
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Wildcats’ average implied point total this season is 0.4 fewer points than their implied total in Sunday’s game (77.6 implied points on average compared to 78 implied points in this game).
- Villanova has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (78) six times this season.
- The 78.3-point average implied total on the season for the Hoyas is 13.3 more points than the team’s 65-point implied total in this matchup.
- Georgetown has totaled more than 65 points 10 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Villanova and Georgetown Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 13.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Wildcats make 45.4% of their shots from the field this season, which is 3.8 percentage points higher than the Hoyas have allowed to their opponents (41.6%).
- In games Villanova shoots better than 41.6% from the field, it is 6-3 against the spread and 10-1 overall.
- Georgetown’s record is 6-2 against the spread and 4-6 overall when it allows its opponents to hit more than 45.4% of their shots from the field.
- The Hoyas have shot at a 42.4% clip from the field this season, 2.7 percentage points fewer than the 45.1% shooting opponents of the Wildcats have averaged.
- Georgetown is 3-0 overall and 3-0 against the spread when it knocks down more than 45.1% of its attempts from the field.
- This season, Villanova has a 2-1 straight up record and a 2-1 record against the spread when it allows opponents to shoot over 42.4% from the field.
- The Wildcats shoot 36.7% from deep, 3.1% higher than the 33.6% the Hoyas allow to opponents.
- Villanova has a 4-3 record against the spread and an 8-1 record overall when the team knocks down more than 33.6% of its three-point shots.
- Georgetown has put up a 4-2 against the spread while going 3-5 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 36.7% from downtown.
- The Hoyas are hitting 35.5% of their shots from three-point distance, which is only 1.6 percentage points fewer than the 37.1% the Wildcats’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Georgetown is 3-3 overall and 3-2 against the spread when it shoots over 37.1% as a team from three-point distance.
- Villanova has a 4-2 ATS record and a 6-0 straight-up record this season when it hits more than 35.5% of its three-point shots.
- The Wildcats connect on 9.8 three-pointers per game this season, just one more made shot per game than the Hoyas give up (8.8).
- Villanova is 5-0 against the spread and 7-0 overall when it makes more three-pointers than its opponents, while Georgetown is 1-2 ATS and 1-3 straight up in games when it is out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from