The Wichita State Shockers (10-4) are 8.5-point favorites as they look to continue a six-game home winning streak when they host the Temple Owls (4-6) on Sunday, February 7, 2021 at Charles Koch Arena. The contest airs at 3:00 PM ET on ESPNU. The matchup has an over/under set at 140.5 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 7, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Both DraftKings and the model expect the Shockers to walk away with the win, but the model spread (11.1) is 2.6 points further in their direction.
The model predicts a total 1.5 points lower than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: Wichita State 75, Temple 64
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Shockers’ average implied point total this season is 2.8 fewer points than their implied total in Sunday’s game (72.2 implied points on average compared to 75 implied points in this game).
- Wichita State has scored more than its implied point total in this matchup (75) seven times this season.
- The 71.1-point average implied total on the season for the Owls is 5.1 more points than the team’s 66-point implied total in this matchup.
- Temple will try to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (66) for the fourth time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Wichita State and Temple Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 8.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Shockers make 40.4% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.3 percentage points lower than the Owls have allowed to their opponents (41.7%).
- Wichita State is 3-1 against the spread and 5-0 overall in games when it collectively shoots better than 41.7% from the field.
- Temple has a 3-1 record against the spread and a 4-1 record overall when allowing its opponents to make more than 40.4% of their shots from the field.
- The Owls are shooting 39.2% from the field, 1.2% lower than the 40.4% the Shockers’ opponents have shot this season.
- Temple is 2-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall when it shoots higher than 40.4% from the field.
- Wichita State is 3-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot higher than 39.2% from the field.
- The Shockers are knocking down 31.3% of their three-point shots this season, 3.9% lower than the 35.2% the Owls allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Wichita State has put together a 6-0 straight-up record and a 3-2 record against the spread in games when the team makes more than 35.2% of its three-point attempts this season.
- Temple is 1-1 against the spread while putting together a 2-1 straight-up record when its opponents make more than 31.3% of their shots from three-point distance.
- The Owls are knocking down 32.1% of their shots from deep, which is -2.8 percentage points fewer than the 29.3% the Shockers’ are averaging on the season.
- Temple has a 4-2 ATS record and has gone 4-3 straight-up when hitting more than 29.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Wichita State has a 4-2-1 ATS record and a 6-3 straight-up record in games this season when it knocks down more than 32.1% of its three-point attempts.
- Wichita State is 3-3 against the spread and 6-2 overall when it hit more three-pointers than its opponents, while Temple is 1-4 ATS and 0-5 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from