The California Golden Bears (7-13) are expected to extend a five-game losing streak when they visit the Stanford Cardinal (11-7) as 11-point underdogs at 10:00 PM ET on Sunday, February 7, 2021 at Maples Pavilion. The matchup airs on FS1. The over/under in the matchup is set at 132.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 7, 2021, 2:19 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Golden Bears (+11)
The model line and the DraftKings line are within 0.4 points of each other.
The DraftKings point total for this game is just 6.0 points lower than the model projection.
Prediction: Stanford 74, Cal 64
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Cardinal this season is 72.9 points, 0.9 more points than their implied total of 72 points in Sunday’s game.
- Stanford has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (72) 10 times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Golden Bears (71.2) is 10.2 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (61).
- Cal has put up more than 61 points in 13 games on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Stanford and Cal Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 11+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Cardinal are shooting 46.3% from the field this season, the same as the Golden Bears allow to opponents.
- Stanford is 7-2 against the spread and 8-1 overall in games when it shoots higher than 46.3% from the field.
- Cal is 6-4 against the spread and 5-6 overall when its opponents shoot better than 46.3% from the field.
- The Golden Bears’ 44% shooting percentage from the field this season is -3.7 percentage points lower than the Cardinal have given up to their opponents (40.3%).
- This season, Cal has compiled a 6-4 record against the spread and a 6-5 record overall in games the team shoots higher than 40.3% collectively from the field.
- This season, Stanford has a 7-4 record against the spread and a 10-2 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot greater than 44% from the field.
- The Cardinal shoot 31.3% from deep, 7.5% lower than the 38.8% the Golden Bears allow to opponents.
- Stanford is 4-2 overall and 4-2 against the spread when it shoots better than 38.8% from distance.
- Cal is 2-1 against the spread while putting up a 3-2 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 31.3% from three-point range.
- The Golden Bears are hitting 33.4% of their shots from deep, which is -0.4 percentage points fewer than the 33% the Cardinal’s are averaging on the season.
- Cal is 5-5 straight-up and has a 7-3 ATS record when the team makes more than 33% of its three-point attempts.
- Stanford has a 5-6 straight-up record and a 4-5-1 ATS record this season when it makes more than 33.4% of its three-point attempts.
- The Cardinal make 5.2 three-pointers per game this season, 2.2 fewer made shots on average than the 7.4 per game the Golden Bears give up.
- Cal has gone 6-5 against the spread and 5-7 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Stanford hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 7-5 ATS and 9-3 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from