The Detroit Pistons (5-17) will attempt to stop a three-game losing streak when they visit the Los Angeles Lakers (17-6) on Saturday, February 6, 2021 at Staples Center as heavy, 13.5-point underdogs. The game airs at 10:00 PM ET on SportsNet LA. The over/under in the matchup is 218.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of February 6, 2021, 7:07 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Pistons Betting Odds
Injury Report as of February 6
Jared Dudley: Out (Calf),
Kostas Antetokounmpo: Out (Knee)
Jahlil Okafor: Out (Knee),
Wayne Ellington: Day To Day (Right Calf),
Killian Hayes: Out (Hip)
|Spread Pick||Lakers (-13.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (218)|
|Prediction||Lakers 116, Pistons 102|
The DraftKings line for this game has the Lakers favored by 13.5, while the model predicts they’ll win by slightly more (14.1 points).
DraftKings and the model are extremely close in their point total projections for this game, within 0.2 points of each other.
Lakers Key Players
Lakers Player Props
- LeBron James’ PRA prop total for the game is set at 40.5, equal to his season average of 40.5.
- Anthony Davis’ rebounding prop over/under for the game is listed at 9.5 rebounds, 0.7 rebounds higher than his season average of 8.8.
- James’ three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots lower than his season average of 2.7.
- Davis’ blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.4 blocks lower than his season average of 1.9.
Pistons Key Players
Pistons Player Props
- Jerami Grant’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 16.5, 7.1 points lower than his season average of 23.6.
- Delon Wright’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 14.5, 3.4 less than his season average of 17.9.
- Wayne Ellington’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 1.6 shots lower than his season average of 3.1.
- Grant’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.6 blocks lower than his season average of 1.1.
- The Lakers are shooting 48.4% from the field this season, 0.3 percentage points higher than the 48.1% the Pistons allow to opponents.
- In games Los Angeles shoots better than 48.1% from the field, it is 8-4 against the spread and 10-2 overall.
- Detroit’s record is 7-4-1 against the spread and 5-7 overall when its opponents make more than 48.4% of their shots from the field.
- The Pistons have shot at a 42.6% clip from the field this season, 2.3 percentage points below the 44.9% shooting opponents of the Lakers have averaged.
- This season, Detroit has a 5-3 record against the spread and a 3-5 record overall in games the team collectively shoots better than 44.9% from the field.
- When Los Angeles’ opponents shoot above 42.6% from the field, it is 6-2 against the spread and 8-0 overall.
- The Lakers shoot 37.9% from deep, 1.1% lower than the 39% the Pistons allow to opponents.
- Los Angeles is 6-3 against the spread and 8-1 overall when it shoots better than 39% from distance.
- Detroit is 4-5 against the spread while putting up a 3-6 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 37.9% from three-point distance.
- The Pistons shoot 35% from three-point distance this season. That’s -0.9 percentage points lower than the Lakers have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (34.1%).
- Detroit is 8-4 against the spread and 3-9 overall when shooting over 34.1% as a team from three-point range.
- Los Angeles has a 9-4 ATS record and a 10-3 straight-up record this season when it connects on more than 35% of its three-point attempts.
- The Lakers hit 11.5 three-pointers per game this season, 1.2 fewer makes per game than the Pistons give up (12.7).
- Detroit has gone 8-3 against the spread and 4-7 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Los Angeles makes fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 3-7 ATS and 4-6 straight up.
- The Pistons rank 15th in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Lakers give up the least made threes in the league.
Lakers vs Pistons Stat Rankings
|Lakers Rank||Lakers AVG||Pistons AVG||Pistons Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from