The Butler Bulldogs (5-10) are 5.5-point favorites as they try to stop a three-game losing streak when they host the DePaul Blue Demons (3-7) on Saturday, February 6, 2021 at Hinkle Fieldhouse. The game airs at 12:00 PM ET on FS1. The over/under is 130.5 for the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 6, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Blue Demons (+5.5)
The model favors the Bulldogs by 2.2 points, a much smaller margin than the 5.5-point spread set by DraftKings. Take the Blue Demons to cover.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (135.6 points) marginally higher than the DraftKings over/under (130.5 points).
Prediction: Butler 69, DePaul 67
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Bulldogs have an average implied point total of 68.9 this season, which is 0.9 points higher than their implied total in Saturday’s game (68).
- So far this season, Butler has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (68) three times.
- The 75.8-point average implied total on the season for the Blue Demons is 12.8 more points than the team’s 63-point implied total in this matchup.
- DePaul has put up more than 63 points six times on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Butler and DePaul Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 5.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Bulldogs are shooting 41.2% from the field this season, 1.5 percentage points lower than the 42.7% the Blue Demons allow to opponents.
- In games Butler shoots higher than 42.7% from the field, it is 2-5 overall and 2-4 against the spread.
- DePaul is 3-2 overall and 4-1 against the spread when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 41.2% from the field.
- The Blue Demons are shooting 42.4% from the field, 4.6% lower than the 47% the Bulldogs’ opponents have shot this season.
- DePaul has put together a 2-0 record against the spread and a 1-1 straight up record in games it shoots higher than 47% from the field.
- This season, Butler has a 3-0 record against the spread and a 3-0 record overall when its opponents shoot higher than 42.4% from the field.
- The Bulldogs’ 34% three-point shooting percentage this season is 4.7 percentage points higher than opponents of the Blue Demons have shot from deep (29.3%).
- Butler is 5-4-1 against the spread and 4-7 overall when it shoots better than 29.3% from distance.
- DePaul has gone 3-5 overall and has a 5-2 record against the spread in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 34% from deep.
- The Blue Demons are making 31.1% of their shots from three-point range, which is just 6.1 percentage points fewer than the 37.2% the Bulldogs’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- DePaul has a 3-0 ATS record and has gone 2-1 straight-up when making more than 37.2% of its three-point attempts.
- Butler is 3-0 ATS and 3-1 overall in games it shoots above 31.1% from deep.
- The Bulldogs knock down 7.2 three-pointers per game this season, 1.1 more makes per game than the Blue Demons give up (6.1).
- The Bulldogs are 3-1-1 against the spread and 2-4 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Blue Demons are 1-3 ATS and 1-3 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from