The Iowa State Cyclones (2-10) are expected to extend a six-game losing streak when they visit the No. 9 Oklahoma Sooners (11-5) as 14-point underdogs at 12:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 6, 2021 at Lloyd Noble Center. The contest airs on ESPN2. The matchup has an over/under of 141 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 6, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Our computers expect the same result as DraftKings, but have the Sooners winning by a considerably greater margin (17.9 points). Take the Sooners.
The model projects a total 2.0 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: Oklahoma 80, Iowa State 63
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Sooners have an average implied point total of 78.1 this season, which is 0.1 points higher than their implied total in Saturday’s game (78).
- Oklahoma will aim to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (78) for the seventh time this season.
- The Cyclones’ average implied point total on the season (77.8 points) is 13.8 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (64 points).
- Iowa State has scored more than 64 points nine times on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Oklahoma and Iowa State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 14+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Sooners are shooting 43.9% from the field this season, 2.5 percentage points lower than the 46.4% the Cyclones allow to opponents.
- Oklahoma has a 2-3 record against the spread and a 4-1 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 46.4% from the field.
- Iowa State’s record is 2-2 against the spread and 1-3 overall when its opponents make more than 43.9% of their shots from the field.
- The Cyclones are shooting 44.6% from the field, 3.1% higher than the 41.5% the Sooners’ opponents have shot this season.
- Iowa State is 2-8 overall and 4-6 against the spread when it shoots higher than 41.5% from the field.
- This season, Oklahoma has a 9-1 straight up record and a 7-3 record against the spread when it allows opponents to shoot above 44.6% from the field.
- The Sooners are hitting 33.3% of their three-point shots this season, 2.7% higher than the 30.6% the Cyclones allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Oklahoma has an 8-2 record against the spread and a 9-1 record overall when the team hits more than 30.6% of its shots from three-point distance.
- Iowa State is 3-3 against the spread and 2-4 overall when its opponents make more than 33.3% of their shots from deep.
- The Cyclones are hitting 32.2% of their shots from three-point distance, which is only 3.5 percentage points fewer than the 35.7% the Sooners’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Iowa State is 2-2 against the spread and 1-3 overall when shooting over 35.7% as a team from three-point range.
- Oklahoma is 5-2 overall and 6-1 ATS in games it shoots over 32.2% from deep.
- Oklahoma is 7-0 against the spread and 5-2 overall when it connects on more three-pointers than its opponents, while Iowa State is 1-3 ATS and 0-4 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from