The Saint John’s (NY) Red Storm (12-7) are 1-point favorites as they try to build on a five-game winning streak when they visit the Providence Friars (9-9) on Saturday, February 6, 2021 at Alumni Hall (RI). The matchup airs at 2:00 PM ET on FS1. The matchup has an over/under of 147 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 6, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model has the Friars as 0.5-point favorites in this one despite the opposite prediction from DraftKings. However, the margin between the two lines is only 1.5 points.
The model predicts a total 1.5 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Prediction: Providence 75, Saint John’s (NY) 74
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Red Storm this season is 78.8 points, 4.8 more points than their implied total of 74 points in Saturday’s game.
- Saint John’s (NY) has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (74) 13 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Friars (72.5) is 0.5 fewer points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (73).
- Providence has totaled more than 73 points in seven games on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Saint John’s (NY) and Providence Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 1+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Red Storm have a 45.1% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.4% higher than the 43.7% of shots the Friars’ opponents have hit.
- Saint John’s (NY) is 9-2 against the spread and 10-3 overall in games when it collectively shoots better than 43.7% from the field.
- Providence is 6-4 overall and 4-3 against the spread when allowing opponents to shoot better than 45.1% from the field.
- The Friars are shooting 43.6% from the field, 2.8% lower than the 46.4% the Red Storm’s opponents have shot this season.
- Providence is 5-1 overall and 4-0 against the spread when it shoots higher than 46.4% from the field.
- This season, Saint John’s (NY) has a 7-1 record against the spread and a 7-1 record overall when its opponents shoot over 43.6% from the field.
- The Red Storm’s 35.4% three-point shooting percentage this season is 5.4 percentage points higher than opponents of the Friars have shot from deep (30%).
- Saint John’s (NY) is 10-3 against the spread and 10-4 overall when it shoots better than 30% from deep.
- Providence has a 6-4 record against the spread while going 6-7 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 35.4% from downtown.
- The Friars shoot 32.5% from beyond the arc this season. That’s -3.5 percentage points higher than the Red Storm have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (36%).
- Providence is 5-2 ATS and 4-4 overall when hitting more than 36% of its three-point attempts.
- Saint John’s (NY) has a 6-1 ATS record and a 6-2 straight-up record in games this season when it hits more than 32.5% of its three-point shots.
- The Red Storm’s 7.3 made three-pointers per game this season is 1.1 more made shots on average than the 6.2 per game the Friars give up.
- The Red Storm are 8-1 against the spread and 7-2 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Friars are 2-5 ATS and 4-5 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from