The East Carolina Pirates (8-6) visit the Memphis Tigers (11-6) after losing three straight road games. The Tigers are double-digit favorites by 12.5 points in the matchup, which tips at 2:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 6, 2021. The point total is set at 134.5 for the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 6, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model favors the Tigers by 11.8 points, just 0.7 fewer than the 12.5-point spread set by DraftKings.
DraftKings and the model are extremely close in their point total projections for this game, within 0.7 points of each other.
Prediction: Memphis 74, East Carolina 62
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Tigers have an average implied point total of 75.6 this season, which is 1.6 points higher than their implied total in Saturday’s game (74).
- Memphis has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (74) eight times this season.
- The 71.8-point average implied total on the season for the Pirates is 10.8 more points than the team’s 61-point implied total in this matchup.
- East Carolina has scored more than 61 points in 11 games on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Memphis and East Carolina Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 12.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Tigers make 44.7% of their shots from the field this season, which is three percentage points higher than the Pirates have allowed to their opponents (41.7%).
- Memphis is 8-4 against the spread and 11-2 overall in games when it shoots better than 41.7% from the field.
- East Carolina has a 4-4 record against the spread and a 7-2 record overall when its opponents make more than 44.7% of their shots from the field.
- The Pirates have shot at a 42.5% clip from the field this season, 3.4 percentage points above the 39.1% shooting opponents of the Tigers have averaged.
- East Carolina has put together a 4-4 record against the spread and an 8-2 straight up record in games it shoots over 39.1% from the field.
- When Memphis’ opponents shoot above 42.5% from the field, it is 7-4 against the spread and 10-2 overall.
- The Tigers are making 35.6% of their three-point shots this season, 3.6% higher than the 32% the Pirates allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Memphis has collected a 6-2 straight-up record and a 6-2 record against the spread in games when the team hits more than 32% of its three-point attempts this season.
- East Carolina is 4-3 against the spread and 7-1 overall when its opponents hit more than 35.6% of their shots from deep.
- The Pirates shoot 33.1% from three-point distance this season. That’s just five percentage points higher than the Tigers have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (28.1%).
- East Carolina has a 3-4 ATS record and is 6-2 straight-up in games when the team hits more than 28.1% of its three-point attempts.
- Memphis is 5-5 ATS and 5-5 overall in games when shooting above 33.1% from deep.
- The Tigers’ 7.5 made three-pointers per game this season is one more made shot on average than the 6.5 per game the Pirates give up.
- Memphis is 6-3 against the spread and 6-3 overall when it makes more three-pointers than its opponents, while East Carolina is 1-7 ATS and 4-5 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from